Chanel classic mini or Chanel small boy

I think it depends. I've been interested in an evening Boy, but of course I wouldn't want it in the new Medium size. The old medium might also look weird with a dress and high heels. It just depends on the style of the bag and how you want to use it. The new Medium would look pretty cool as a day bag or shopping, but the super fancy styles (glitter, patent) might make it look flashy. It's all just up to your tastes.

I went through this before, because the price difference IS rather large, but I think it comes down to the different design. I noticed that although the small boy holds slightly less than the mini flap, I loved the design of the boy (thick chain with long leather piece), and all the different looks you get when you adjust the strap on it. The mini flap has a very classic and elegant look to it along with the pocket in the back which is a big plus IMO, but I still ended up going with the small boy because I just love the look of it.

I have both and both are completely different 😁 sorta like comparing apples to oranges. The classic is more feminine classy and can be worn well at night all while being lady like and the boy is just so fun youthful and edgy and good for day. Can't go wrong with either!!

Oh and just my two cents -- I've been eyeing the boy bag over the classic flap both bc I like the edgier design but also because it feels like everyone has the classic flap (and in ny, it feels like lots of people are carrying fakes), which dilutes the specialness of the flap imo. I plan on pulling the trigger on the boy as soon as bonus day rolls around 😁

I have both these bags on hold for me, but don't know which to get. Can someone please help me decide. Do any of you ladies own both ? Which do you like more? Any help would be greatly appreciated [emoji4]

Forgot to mention that the small boy is in calf leather and the mini flap is in caviar.
Here's a picture of both.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1439429784.595312.jpg

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1439429820.099644.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByPurseForum1439429739.494104.jpg
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1439429739.494104.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 2,187
i don't have a boy in my collection yet & still apprehensive if i should add one. i'd think the choice is quite personal, which one you like better or asthetically appeals more to you.

size wise, the length is about the same, the boy juz a tad shorter in height but compensates by being bout 0.5-0.8" wider (if i remember correctly). i saw both a couple of weeks back & i decided on the mini in a sec :love:

bring home one that'll make you :cloud9:

If price was not an issue, I'd say boy .. What's the price difference? I just bought a brand new mini and ADORE IT, but I think a boy in on my radar now .. This le boy is stunning!!!!!!

I just bought a black mini lamb with ghw mainly to use for dinner and evening out. I guess it will depend on how you plan to use the bag. You can't go wrong with either choice as both are truly beautiful.