Chanel Metiers d’Arts 2021 (21A)

Something is going on because my conversation went along the lines of:

Me: “I’m interested in some 21a bags, is the waitlist available yet?”

SA: It’s too early and we haven’t got our book yet, but let me know what you’re interested in so I can keep you in mind when we get it

Me: requests caramel flap

SA: those have all been reserved

And this same thing happened to another font at a different Chanel boutique

:/

THIS!

I’ve been working with the same SA for six years and used to be able to get most bags. The last year this exact same conversation keeps happening with him and I can’t figure out what’s going on. Like I requested the mini with handle for 21S to be on waitlist, response is it’s too early, I then request a couple weeks later, sorry it’s closed now. It’s almost like they have so much demand that they don’t care to follow up with their loyal customers who inquired about the bags first!

One of my SAs said that the dad sandals would be released in black lambskin with black hw for 21A but another said that wasn’t what she saw in the books. Has anyone heard whether the leather dad sandals are being released with this collection?

I feel your pain!!!!! I just want to order a seasonal flag and not buy from resellers at ridiculous prices!!
Every SA I messaged stopped responding as soon as I ask about 21A or 21S. So disrespectful it seems impossible to get a seasonal bag at the store with Covid.
It looks like their common answer right now (at least in my case) is that they haven’t received their buy books yet so they can’t access the list but will take note to put you on it. Which doesn’t make sense because I was able to be put on the list for some 21S items already. I guess it’s their nicest way to tell us that the list is already full (full of resellers lol).

It’s just frustrating when you see resellers post on Instagram what they will have in stock soon and they are the very same pieces I asked about to my SAs. Oh well lol.

It looks like their common answer right now (at least in my case) is that they haven’t received their buy books yet so they can’t access the list but will take note to put you on it. Which doesn’t make sense because I was able to be put on the list for some 21S items already. I guess it’s their nicest way to tell us that the list is already full (full of resellers lol).

It’s just frustrating when you see resellers post on Instagram what they will have in stock soon and they are the very same pieces I asked about to my SAs. Oh well lol.

Yes, from what ive seen and heard speaking to 12 different SAs the last few days is that stores do things differently, including boutiques doing things differently. I’m on the waitlist for 21s items so boutiques should be able to put ppl on for those, especially the bigger boutiques, not sure about department stores. For 21a, department stores can’t do anything yet but some boutiques seem to have access. Some boutiques are already full as far as the waitlist, or the SA isn’t allowed to do the waitlist yet but will get back to you as soon as they are allowed or they’ve been able to put me on the waitlist, or they’re waiting for their book. So I guess some are really just run differently.

Reactions: Prettyinpnknwht