Chanel jumbo owners-- what do you use your bag for? Double or single flap!

I use my single flap caviar for work on Friday for date night. However, I put my bag straight in my work locker so no one sees it. Too flashy. I work in the financial industry in one of those big international companies.

weekends I like to use a small mini bag.

Reactions: weezer
I love my single flap and would have never gotten a double flap. It's just too boxy for my liking and also too heavy and fussy with the double flap. I personally think the Jumbo is best worn casually.

I use it for anything tbh. I use it a lot for travelling as a carry-on with a water bottle, passports, the travel documents, a snack etc. but I sometimes also use it for work (of course it depends on your work place if it's even suitable to use it there or not) and I also carry it as an everyday bag if I feel like it.

Don't think I'd ever get rid of it. I have a ton of small/mini bags and it's always good to have a bigger bag too just in case

Reactions: lulilu and weezer
Double flap was just too heavy and too boxy for me. Got rid of it for a single flap which is a bit lighter but it still feels heavy after carrying it around for couple of hours. Too flashy for work and too tiring for all day shopping, only for meeting up for lunch or dinner where the handbag can put on one side so my shoulder gets a break. Carrying the jumbo as single chain or crossbody is just too long for me so that restricting me to carry it as double chain only. Beside the weather where I live, is always raining which means I rarely use it now but keeping it still as I enjoy looking at it. :smile:

I have a black double flap GHW and to be honest, I rarely use it nowadays. I love the bag and would never consider selling it (unless I had to), but I don’t really feel there is an occasion for me to use it. It’s big enough for everyday use, but I prefer crossbody bags for my daily use and GHW makes it more “dressed up“ looking ( I am “busty” and average height (5’4), but Jumbo single strap is too long to use as a crossbody). I find it’s bulky to use when going out (not that we are going anywhere anymore!), thus it sits in my closet looking pretty. Hopefully one day I will find my vibe with my Jumbo, but in the meantime I am enjoying my old medium Boy bag RHW as my everyday AND going out bag.

Last edited:
I have a black double flap GHW and to be honest, I rarely use it nowadays. I love the bag and would never consider selling it (unless I had to), but I don’t really feel there is an occasion for me to use it. It’s big enough for everyday use, but I prefer crossbody bags for my daily use and GHW makes it more “dressed up“ looking ( I am “busty” and average height (5’4), but Jumbo single strap is too long to use as a crossbody). I find it’s bulky to use when going out (not that we are going anywhere anymore!), thus it sits in my closet looking pretty. Hopefully one day I will find my vibe with my Jumbo, but in the meantime I am enjoying my old medium Boy bag RHW as my everyday AND going out bag.
I’m in the same boat as you. Mine’s a Beige Claire with gold hardware that just looks pretty in the closet. I haven’t use it once at all this year. Definitely don’t want to sell unless I absolutely have to. It’s kind of hard to find an occasion to carry it, especially during this time.

Single flap black caviar gold hardware- I love my jumbo and use it all the time casually. I'm a stay at home mom now but used to wear it to work before I left my job to be home full time. I dress extremely casually now and rock it with cute jeans and seaters, tops, etc....

Reactions: lulilu and OCMomof3
I just bought a jumbo single flap, I don't care for the double flap (prob cause I'm a tote girl and I love large easy access bags) the flap gives me privacy that my Neverfulls don't ha ha. This bag is a good size and with an organizer inside it can carry all the essentials I need, my iPhone 11 Pro fits nicely in the back pouch as well, my wallet my keys makeup etc. The bag IS a bit showy but I really don't care this can most definitely be a daily bag for me.

Reactions: OCMomof3