Chanel jewelry

I have some Chanel costume jewelry.. Two pairs of earrings, two necklaces, and one camellia ring from spring/summer '08. I love wearing all of them on rotation!

The only Chanel FINE jewelry that I have is my 38mm automatic J12 with diamond markers. I would absolutely LOVE to have an Ultra Ring or the cachlonj (?) ring. I also LOVE their camellia and star diamond jewelry, but it's way too expensive for me to buy for myself. lol.

many years ago my dad bought my mom some Chanel pearls, they were over $1000...it broke his heart when we told him they werent real pearls.

it was so cute to imagine him at the chanel boutique

I bought my daughter the CC rhinestone earrings at Saks for around 200, i believe. we had them repaired once(took several weeks) due to stones falling out, and when it happened again, i took them in, they gave me a credit and i purchased a Chanel bag....
i would not recommend buying the costume unless it's a "solid" piece, void of many stones or little pieces. i have 10 dollar costume pieces that lasted longer than these pricey earrings....

I would buy the fine jewellery as it is very well made, and the designs are innovative. The camellia is something I am considering and a GF has the quilted ring which is unique because it is flexible and that is a real design challenge. Of course the price tags are terrible! The costume jewllery however, is basically fashion jewellery and not really made to last...

You won't belive what i did ... I stopped by chanel Fine jewellry boutique ...
an tried on the ring ( white flower \ yellow gold ) ... and I was so sure at that time that I want it ( it cost around 4,700USD ) ... but they didn't have my size !they had my size in Black flower\yellow gold ... its nice as well but i thought i'll wait\think and come back later ...

For the money I reserved for the Chanel Ring I think now I'll switch my choice for a pomellato pinkgold necklace !

I'm still can't convence my self to by fine jewellry from a fashion designer ...
the same goes for the other way around ... can't buy handbags from jewellry brands ( ex. can't buy a bag from cartier or bulgari ) ....

I don't know if that's just me or .. !

i have a lot of costime jewelry
i always buy the intricate classier ones i hate the rhinestones one so takcy
i have one that is a square mirror inside the box it hsa an eiffel ower, perfume bottle, camelia flower I ALWAYS get compliments on it and since the back of the box is a mirror super shiny

my other one is an eiffel tower enamled and the bottom is a big shiny pearl the eiffel tower has very tinny tiny tiny rhinestones u have to use a microscope ( i like it that way so it shows how hard it is to glue that thing =P) and it doesnt scream out fake bling

and i have this chanel pearl necklace it was expsnive almost 1000 with 2 interlocking CC all in pearls- i like it because its a classic but hate it cause its fake pearls haha

for finer casual jewerly id stick to David Yurman, mikimoto, links of london

but for chanel fine Jewelry ive been eyeing this ring from the Cometes collection, dont know if its worth it tho.

Details:
price: $6675 CAD
Color- F color
Clarity0 VVS1- VVS2
the center stone is 0.30 carat
lots of ppl think its not worth it but i still love it what do u guys thibnk?>

cometes.jpg

Wow, I missed this topic a couple of months ago. Anyway I have 4 pairs of earrings (cruise 04 hearts, black Cambon dangles, pink lucite/crystal studs and the clear crystal studs) and a necklace (flap bag necklace) and love them. I don't wear them as much as I wear my LV Inclusions but I still think they're really cute.

i like chanel costume jewelry because its value is in the personality of the item - although it is a bit overpriced, the pieces are fun, cute and distinctive.

If i were buying fine jewelry, i'd rather purchase it from a somewhere that specializes in jewelry and not a fashion house that is expanding its product list.