Chanel F/W act 1 (20B)

Did you try taking it back to Chanel? They have 2 year warranty (not sure what that covers) and they will refurbish the entire bag for a fee (about $500 or less, I think) if you take it in within 5 years of purchase...
In EU they don’t give you a refund T.T only store credit. And I wanted my money back so I returned one, in which I bought the new one over the phone, so I couldn’t check it properly, and it turned out also of poor quality so I sold it, loosing money on it.

Do you think the lambskin this season is not as soft compared to other seasons? Does it get softer with use? I felt a square mini yesterday in black lambskin 20B and although it had good shape, the leather did not feel soft as I imagined. On YouTube videos, everyone raves about how buttery soft the lambskin is and I did not get that feeling yesterday. It felt more like a calfskin? It was puffy and pretty to look at and it already had a few minor scratches so the leather is still delicate. The SA said that they are not allowed to wear gloves when handling the bags due to coronavirus so it probably got scratched while handling the bag. Since I never see square mini in black in stores, I know it had just arrived so it’s brand new.

I actually have not felt the leather this season. I have two kiddos under 2, so I am SIP until forever LOL. I was just judging the leather based on the look via pictures. Some season where the lamb is extra dry, you can see it. But for the most part, the leather seems shiny and puffy so I thought this batch would be good.

The only bags I have on reserve are the purple and ivory iridescent mini flaps. Those are not scheduled to ship until the end of August/early September so I won't be able actually feel the material until then.

Reactions: Chloe1004
I actually have not felt the leather this season. I have two kiddos under 2, so I am SIP until forever LOL. I was just judging the leather based on the look via pictures. Some season where the lamb is extra dry, you can see it. But for the most part, the leather seems shiny and puffy so I thought this batch would be good.

The only bags I have on reserve are the purple and ivory iridescent mini flaps. Those are not scheduled to ship until the end of August/early September so I won't be able actually feel the material until then.
Thank you! The leather does look shiny and puffy but I am not sure how soft the leather is supposed to feel when new. I never owned a lambskin from Chanel. I just didn’t get the super soft luxury feel yesterday that I expected from what others had said with their bags...

Really...what issues did you have with it? I was about to place my order. Was your Lambskin a dark or light color. Sorry to bombard you with questions, I just like to hear other people’s issues with items before I waste thousands :whut:

I highly recommend lamb! It is NOT as scary as it’s made out to be. Their lamb is actually more durable compared to years ago. I just bought a jumbo in lamb and it is so gorgeous. I took her out shopping today and accidentally brushed up against the shopping cart a few times... but it did not even get scuffed. Yes it does scratch easier than caviar but you can also buff out the scratches with your fingers. It all comes down to preference of course, but if you are drawn to the lamb I would go for it...

I highly recommend lamb! It is NOT as scary as it’s made out to be. Their lamb is actually more durable compared to years ago. I just bought a jumbo in lamb and it is so gorgeous. I took her out shopping today and accidentally brushed up against the shopping cart a few times... but it did not even get scuffed. Yes it does scratch easier than caviar but you can also buff out the scratches with your fingers. It all comes down to preference of course, but if you are drawn to the lamb I would go for it...
It will be my first lambskin piece from Chanel so I am very excited and nervous! Hopefully, it will end up aging beautifully!

i agree with this. i just got into getting chanel... bc of price point I would baby the chanel bag... def. not a bag to "throw around" and be rough with... not a a LV that you can use pretty casually

Reactions: luxurista