Chanel classic flap or le boy

I'm surprised you went with GHW after saying you thought it looked too dressy, but I think the understated style and distressed calfskin of this Reissue helps to give it a more casual feel/look. Congrats on gifting yourself such a beautiful bag! :smile:

Reactions: March786
Sorry but can I throw a wrench into your thinking (if not too late) and suggest a woc? I was in the same situation as you with two small kids and wanted a bit of Chanel to brighten my everyday. I had a mini and 227 reissue but never used the reissue because of the size and weight. I decided to get a woc so I’d have my basics always at my side and if I had a larger diaper/kids bag I’d just throw it in there or carry both. It worked so well for when I was baby wearing. I use it less now that my kids have less stuff but still use it for rare nights out. Plus you have so many style combos maybe you can get two?! A boy and classic [emoji38]

I have not read any of the prior replies but my two cents (being an owner of a classic flap and a boy) is that both are great bags but if I had to choose just one I'd go for the classic flap and here's why. 1) in my opinion, the bag is easier to open and access the inside. You mentioned you had kids I'd imagine that getting into the bag easily would be a priority. I find that with the Boy, the flap covers the entirety of the front of the bag so when you open it you have to flip that whole thing all the way up and then sort of hold it open with your arm or other hand so you can grab what you want from inside. Classic flap is about half the coverage of the front of the bag and it makes it easier to open it and get to the items inside. 2) I think that the caviar leather is a way better choice for a bag you'd like to carry as an every day bag or at least often. And it's my understanding that it's hard to get a black caviar Boy (I could be wrong on that, but I think it's a popular combo that probably gets scooped up when and if it becomes available) where as the caviar in a black classic flap is a a constant in the collection that you can usually, at the very least, get on a waiting list for. I only had to wait 2 weeks to get mine. 3) and of course there's always the fact that a classic flap is..well....classic! You can't go wrong getting that style as an investment piece in my mind. The only edge I'd give the Boy is that it does hold a little more in comparison to it's same size in CF but you can always get a jumbo classic flap if you need more space. In the end I love my boy bag. I think is super stylish and I carry it a lot but not as much as my caviar classic flap! :amuse: Happy shopping!

*Edited to add - I also have a reissue and I was going to suggest that as well, as it has all the same qualities of the classic flap! It holds a ton and the aged calfskin leather is basically indestructible. Great choice with that one!

Last edited: