Cerises Speedy For Our Daughter

I wa thinking of saying return it or sell it cause in 5 or so years the patina will be a bit darker than honey colored but hey, you can change the handles any time!

We are currently posted in Jerusalem and my husband found the Speedy at the LV boutique in Tel Aviv.

He happened to be near the boutique and popped in to see what they have. Just for the h--- of it, he asked if they had any Cerises. Turned out they had four pieces including the Speedy.

As he recalls, the other pieces were a Sac Plat, Pouchette, and some sort of travel bag.

It seems that the Tel Aviv boutique doesn't get that much traffic and apparently no waiting lists. So they sometimes have pieces that are hard to find elsewhere.

Also, tourists get a 17% VAT refund.

speedykoala said:
We are currently posted in Jerusalem and my husband found the Speedy at the LV boutique in Tel Aviv.

He happened to be near the boutique and popped in to see what they have. Just for the h--- of it, he asked if they had any Cerises. Turned out they had four pieces including the Speedy.

As he recalls, the other pieces were a Sac Plat, Pouchette, and some sort of travel bag.

It seems that the Tel Aviv boutique doesn't get that much traffic and apparently no waiting lists. So they sometimes have pieces that are hard to find elsewhere.

oh that is great...care to share the pic with us....?

Your husband is so sweet!!! Buying an LV bag for your baby daughter though she doesn't know what exactly is it. You should keep it!!! It'll be vintage by the time your daughter grows up to a teenager.

abandonedimages said:
Ooh! Keep it! How sweet of a story will that be to tell your daughter later? And he came up with the idea all on his own, it's his gift to her.

I totally agree! Your hubby is rare, and to have picked this bag himself to give to his baby girl.....the thought alone is soo sweet! Someday, when your daughter receives this bag, she will not only have a beautiful classic bag but most importantly the memory of her dad picking this bag especially for her because her mother loved it.

speedykoala said:

oh this is so very weird :amazed: i was inform by the sale person here at LV Tel Aviv(Heh B'iyar street) that the monogram cerises range are all sold out long ago :unsure: .....just to be sure i am going to call them tomorrow...:wacko:

Thanks for all the feedback, We decided to keep it!

Here are photos of Nicole with my bag and her's.

Also, a copy of the receipt.

Attachments

• DSCN1170.JPG
    DSCN1170.JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 125
  • DSCN1171.JPG
    DSCN1171.JPG
    116 KB · Views: 91