Celine Strap Wallet: Small vs Medium?

mimika

live life!
O.G.
Feb 27, 2009
Hi I'm new to Celine never own any of these pieces but love their style! I'm thinking about getting a new wallet and the strap wallet really caught my eyes and I'm debating between the small and medium. I like the size of the small one but love the zipper pocket in the medium. There is no Celine store close to where I am so I'm only looking at pictures online. Does anyone own these wallets? Want to hear your experience? How's the wear and tear? Is the design functional? Thank you so much!

I've been using Celine Medium Strap wallet for the last 5-6 months and I love it! It's made of a really durable grained calfskin which doesn't scratch easily and the "strap" on the wallet has no indents, creases or sign of wear despite daily use. The only signs of wear are (1) on the interior, where the zipper presses against the card slots, and (2) very minor wear on the corners, nearly imperceptible.

Keep in the mind the medium wallet is bigger in length and width, but it's not as bulky as the small wallet. Personally I liked the layout and dimensions of the medium more than the small, and the gusset compartment on the medium is really handy for receipts. If you have a lot of cards and tend to carry small to medium-sized bags, I'd recommend the Medium Strap Wallet.

Hope this helps! Both are great choices.

I've been using Celine Medium Strap wallet for the last 5-6 months and I love it! It's made of a really durable grained calfskin which doesn't scratch easily and the "strap" on the wallet has no indents, creases or sign of wear despite daily use. The only signs of wear are (1) on the interior, where the zipper presses against the card slots, and (2) very minor wear on the corners, nearly imperceptible.

Keep in the mind the medium wallet is bigger in length and width, but it's not as bulky as the small wallet. Personally I liked the layout and dimensions of the medium more than the small, and the gusset compartment on the medium is really handy for receipts. If you have a lot of cards and tend to carry small to medium-sized bags, I'd recommend the Medium Strap Wallet.

Hope this helps! Both are great choices.

great review thank you :smile:!!

Actually I just took a closer look at my wallet and noticed there is wear to the leather (might be a rip?).

3B411A1F-C3FD-4F6E-B679-FB52B7DAFD6E.jpeg

I just remembered that I had purchased this off of 24s.com and initially had issues with the card slots being too tight. Didn’t think the leather would split like this though. I doubt I’ll get any kind of after care service from Celine since it was purchased from a third party website. Pretty upsetting considering the price of the wallet.

Reactions: mimika
Actually I just took a closer look at my wallet and noticed there is wear to the leather (might be a rip?).

View attachment 5240148

I just remembered that I had purchased this off of 24s.com and initially had issues with the card slots being too tight. Didn’t think the leather would split like this though. I doubt I’ll get any kind of after care service from Celine since it was purchased from a third party website. Pretty upsetting considering the price of the wallet.

thanks for the update! it's pretty upsetting to see that :sad: 24s is owned by LVMH though hope they'll help you fix it, maybe for a fee? good luck!

As an update, Celine ignored the issue and 24S followed up with Celine who claimed it is “caused by insertion of the credit card and the like” (no sh*t) and is not considered a quality problem. It’s much too late to do a credit card chargeback as well, which probably explains the dismissive response.

I was planning on purchasing a belt bag from Celine but this has left a terrible impression. The Celine strap wallet is one of the most expensive designer wallets for what it is and has shoddier workmanship than a contemporary brand. Don’t really feel like giving any more money to Celine or LVMH brands anymore given the abysmal quality and service.

Just got one today in Rome and I could not be happier! The medium size is bigger but "flatter" (not as thick as the small) and that's something I wanted. Also, I'll see whether the bill compartment is big enough to fit my passport on one side. I suspect it might fit...

Just got one today in Rome and I could not be happier! The medium size is bigger but "flatter" (not as thick as the small) and that's something I wanted. Also, I'll see whether the bill compartment is big enough to fit my passport on one side. I suspect it might fit...
Do you happen to know if the medium size does indeed fit a passport?

Do you happen to know if the medium size does indeed fit a passport?
I just tried a passport in the medium wallet bill compartment. I could close it with the passport behind the credit card slots, but it required some pulling and I would be worried about stretching the wallet or creating marks on the "spine" where the wallet folds.