Celine Luggage under Phoebe vs Hedi?

Dec 28, 2020
I’ve had my eye on a smooth black nano luggage, but was turned off by how some pre-loved versions lose structure, flip, etc.

I asked an SA about this today, and she says it wouldn’t happen on the versions made under Hedi, because the leather is more stuff & structured compared to the same ones made under Phoebe. Can anyone speak on wear and tear of the bag under either / both creators?

Thanks!

Reactions: A bottle of Red
Hello!
I had a phantom under Phoebe, and while the bag is different, the leather itself was softer and more prone to slouching. I have owned two luggage bags (one mini, one micro) under Hedi and both held their structure beautifully! I still have my light burgundy circa 2019 and it literally looks as good as the day I purchased it, despite regular use. HTH

I have pebbled black nano under Hedi, got new about 6 months ago and it has held structure. Only the extra flap on the body side tends to flip out a little, I keep 2 large clips on it when not using the bag. I have otherwise not babied it at all and it looks beautiful.

I prefer grained leather to smooth leather in general because of wear and tear, with the exception of the Celine nano.

Smooth leather nanos hold their structure way better than grained. I have a 2013 or 2014 nano luggage and the shape (including handles) is still pristine. It's just now starting to show some wear in the front. I bought it pre-loved in 2019 is really good condition and use it regularly still. The only other wear is on the glazing around the straps. I'm considering trying to have that re-done at some point. I'm not saying the SA was wrong, but it's impossible for the grained calfskin bags to keep their shape because trained leather is soft leather. Smooth leather I have yet to see have shape issues unless it's from someone not storing it properly. The nano is a great bag in any combination though! So light, practical and easy to wear. I hope you get one :biggrin: