Cartier price increase thread *please include your location*

Someone told me they don’t plan to increase the prices at this moment
I was told it will be as soon as the stores reopen, at least in Europe. I believe they're opening Monday.
LV & Chanel both raised prices just this past week or so. They claim it's to help recoup costs of making masks, etc., and that they didn't furlough any employees but continued to pay them throughout the epidemic. Someone has to pay I guess. Still think it's madness.

I was told it will be as soon as the stores reopen, at least in Europe. I believe they're opening Monday.
LV & Chanel both raised prices just this past week or so. They claim it's to help recoup costs of making masks, etc., and that they didn't furlough any employees but continued to pay them throughout the epidemic. Someone has to pay I guess. Still think it's madness.
theyre thinking of an increase?
this is madness. people are panicking about paying their mortgage and here they raise prices thinking more people will buy. smh

Reactions: bagdivaqueenb
They claim it's to help recoup costs of making masks, etc., and that they didn't furlough any employees but continued to pay them throughout the epidemic. Someone has to pay I guess. Still think it's madness.

It’s not madness, it’s a greed. Fashion houses are not the only ones that donated and supported frontline, however I don’t see smaller companies, who are struggling even worse, to increase their prices. I completely agree that luxuries are not necessities, therefore we shouldn’t even be surprised, however I still find it insensitive to increase prices during worldwide pandemic. Although there are not that many people willing to spend money in this financially unstable time, but there are still those who would like to reward themselves or their loved ones with something “special”(for instance a graduation gift).
Personally I feel that quality isn’t there at all whether it’s Chanel or LV for the price they charge, and that is why my last purchase was made in 2019. I seriously doubt that I’ll purchase from them in future, however Cartier and VCA are still on my radar, so I hope (but not too much) they’ll postpone the increase

I was in the Sydney store today and my SA has told me that there is no price rise that he is aware of at this time. He did say though that he thinks there will be one before the end of the year. So, I'd say there is one coming but there's still some time to buy your wishlist.

Thanks Jamily. Planning on going in this Friday to pick up something incase there is an unexpected price rise coming.

Reactions: Mjxxsyd