Cartier price increase thread *please include your location*

Sigh. I was hoping to beat the price increase. I have been saving up for a Cartier piece that I was planning to purchase in April, as I would have enough saved by then. I also was hoping to wait until April as I would be making the purchase in NJ, while I was staying with my mum, which has lower sales tax than where I live in AL. I don’t know how much it will be but I am sure it will be a significant price increase.

Reactions: solstice27818
Significant hike in Canada. Ex: pave regular Love rose gold from 55K to 59,500 plus tax.:doh:

That was to be expected. There were rumors floating around for weeks that Cartier will increase in February. But over 8% before taxes is hefty…
The small JUC with diamonds also increased by over 6% in Canada today. Glad I just got mine a few weeks ago when I heard of the upcoming increase.
Like with any luxury item, today’s price is the cheapest compared to any future price.

That was to be expected. There were rumors floating around for weeks that Cartier will increase in February. But over 8% before taxes is hefty…
The small JUC with diamonds also increased by over 6% in Canada today. Glad I just got mine a few weeks ago when I heard of the upcoming increase.
Like with any luxury item, today’s price is the cheapest compared to any future price.
I hear you! I’m glad I got my bigger ticket items off the list too (most recent for Christmas was the wg full pave juc) and glad to hear you got your wish item as well. I suppose we can’t say tooooo much as it’s been a while since we had a considerable hike; so in the world of luxury price hikes it was “due”….

Sigh. I was hoping to beat the price increase. I have been saving up for a Cartier piece that I was planning to purchase in April, as I would have enough saved by then. I also was hoping to wait until April as I would be making the purchase in NJ, while I was staying with my mum, which has lower sales tax than where I live in AL. I don’t know how much it will be but I am sure it will be a significant price increase.
You still have time for jewelry! For the US prices only went up on diamond solitaires, eyewear and perfume ;) But I am sure a jewelry increase is coming soon.

I hear you! I’m glad I got my bigger ticket items off the list too (most recent for Christmas was the wg full pave juc) and glad to hear you got your wish item as well. I suppose we can’t say tooooo much as it’s been a while since we had a considerable hike; so in the world of luxury price hikes it was “due”….
I was thinking the same this am, I’m so glad I got my bigger items last year as this looks like it was a big one!

If you buy it online and mail to you mums address you will pay the NJ sales tax.