Cartier or Rolex.....Which do you prefer??

I gave my Rolex to my little sister for her graduation present.
But you wait...I will be getting a bigger and better one real soon!
In the meantime, I have to wear my "Michelle" which I LOVE!

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my cartier mid size two tone tank. I neer go a day without wearing it. It is stunning, comfortable on the wrist and much classier than a rolex I think. Rolex are too bulky. If youtry the tank you will love the way it is curved to fit your wrist. Try it...and then of course get what you want :smile::heart:

i LOVE Cartier. I love the pasha watch. White gold face & black band. It's one of my favorites & it matches everything. Rolex is just too sporty & masculine for me. i thought about buying one once, but couldn't see myself actually wearing it.

it seems like the consensus is still divided and although the cartier tank design is classic, i love, love, love the roadster. yes, its large but oh, so beautiful. I'm almost 100% sure I'll be buying the roadster because i rather collect and don't intend to sell it. If I can't part with my MJ's, LV's, Botkier's, Gucci's..how could i part with Cartier? Isn't it all about the acquistion & the collecting?

Hi mlredo, I'm seriously considering my very first major watch purchase, and oh boy isn't that tough! :sweatdrop: Everytime when I'm about to press that Submit Order button, I start to second guess:roflmfao:

I'm a conservative person, and would like to make a good investment on my first fine watch, you know, something that'll last through the years. I've gone through the Rolex vs Cartier mind battle, stepped back from the Patek Philippe vs Piaget price range, trust me it's painful :Push:

Right now I'm favoring the Chopard Happy Snow 28mm, what do you think of that? BTW is the Chopard too thick?

http://www.atlantictime.com/patek-philippe-watches-49.html

Seahorse,I love my Stainless Happy Diamond Sport!! Amazingly enough it is the watch that gets the most comments!!! It really makes me happy too!

I have a Cartier stainless Tank and an gold American Tank w/strap. I love the American! It is probably my favorite watch. It is so comfy and I feel so "tall and cosmopolitan" when I wear it! :biggrin: I believe the Cartiers' have a decent enough resale compared to Rolex. Although I have never owned a Rolex, I tried some on when seeking to purchase a dress watch and they just didn't feel right on me, ended up with a Reverso Jauger. I believe some Rolexs' look amazing on the right person!
Have you tried any on? I would get one that compliments your personal style!

Hi mlredo, I'm seriously considering my very first major watch purchase, and oh boy isn't that tough! :sweatdrop: Everytime when I'm about to press that Submit Order button, I start to second guess:roflmfao:

I'm a conservative person, and would like to make a good investment on my first fine watch, you know, something that'll last through the years. I've gone through the Rolex vs Cartier mind battle, stepped back from the Patek Philippe vs Piaget price range, trust me it's painful :Push:

Right now I'm favoring the Chopard Happy Snow 28mm, what do you think of that? BTW is the Chopard too thick?

I think Chopard Happy Sport with just the round diamonds is more classic than the Happy Snow and would I be wrong to say that Happy Snow comes with a rubber strap which I think sucks in comparison to leather straps for the Happy Sport? As for Patek vs. Piaget, Patek all the way (actually I am a bit biased because I want a Patek minute repeater for my husband, LOL)!

But back to Cartier vs. Rolex, it is a no brainer for me really: if you want to be an female paratrooper, buy the Rolex but if you want to be a lady, buy the Cartier. May be I'll demonstrate using pics:

untitled1sk1.jpg

Both the Pasha and the Submariner are diving watches (though of different depths, LOL). I'll pick the one on the right any day. Actually can I also say that I don't like Rolex at all - I think it is slightly unrefined - and I am trying to get my husband to throw away this Submariner!

Rolex holds it's value much better, if you're lucky it might go up in value after you buy it!!
I've had both brands and I always end up migrating to another rolex...it's the classic high end watch.....plus no batteries!!!!!

I adore my Rolex - mine is extremely pretty and feminine :love: It is the Gold Rolesor with champagne dial set in diamonds. I have never owned such a beautiful watch. It took me years to save for and it was worth every penny :love:

BUT.......I love cartier as well and am now saving for a Pasha :graucho:

Hi Bee! I like the Pasha! and seriously considered this too: please tell me what you think, cuz I'm still deciding :flowers: Cartier Pasha C Limited Edition Mauve/Periwinkle Midsize Watch W3108199

The problem is I have extremely tiny wrists, 6inchs? (no I'm not anorexic, just have tiny bones :P I'm 5'5) so a 35mm watch is way too huge. Yes the Happy Snow has rubber band, but that can be easily fixed, just order another replacement band.

My wrist is about 6 inches as well (I'm 5'7" though :P) but I think 35mm is fine. I mean the Pasha in the pic is actually 42mm and it 'overflows' from my wrist. I might get a pic up when there is more light but I think it is OK given that Pasha is quite a feminine watch and the fashion is now for bigger watches and I think that this looks better than a Panerai (44 or 40mm).

I think 35mm watch is a good size but there is a slight snag with that Pasha. When you buy a Cartier watch, you want the traditional blue hands and the sapphire cabochon and unfortunately no 35mm Pasha has these two characteristics bur if you don't mind then it is a great choice because it's at a really good price and still has that distinctive screw-down crown cover.

But back to Cartier vs. Rolex, it is a no brainer for me really: if you want to be an female paratrooper, buy the Rolex but if you want to be a lady, buy the Cartier. May be I'll demonstrate using pics:

untitled1sk1.jpg

Both the Pasha and the Submariner are diving watches (though of different depths, LOL). I'll pick the one on the right any day. Actually can I also say that I don't like Rolex at all - I think it is slightly unrefined - and I am trying to get my husband to throw away this Submariner!

:lol:

actually that's probably the first rolex i've ever liked! so if you want your husband to throw it away, have him throw it the nw3 way :graucho: