Cartier or Rolex.....Which do you prefer??

I think with Cartier you are paying more for the name and the case (jewelry) vs Rolex where you are buying the watch (movement) but also paying for the name. Cartier is certainly classic so it sounds like you have the watch you want.
Enjoy.

I love all my 3 Cartiers but I also love my new Rolex datejust, I think Rolex are made slightly better but Cartiers are just as good & I agree totally that there designs are more elegant looking, I too am lusting after the medium Ballon Bleu in TT.

I think I know what you mean! I was never that into Rolex until last year when I happened to see one in a magazine and fell in love with it at first sight! DH got me one for Christmas that I absolutely adore. I think it's feminine looking and I've gotten tons of compliments on it. However, I have always, always wanted a Cartier Tank Francaise, and DH surprised me for Valentine's Day this year with one! Here's pics of the two:

Rolex:

IMG_1122.jpg

Cartier:

IMG_1117.jpg

I think I know what you mean! I was never that into Rolex until last year when I happened to see one in a magazine and fell in love with it at first sight! DH got me one for Christmas that I absolutely adore. I think it's feminine looking and I've gotten tons of compliments on it. However, I have always, always wanted a Cartier Tank Francaise, and DH surprised me for Valentine's Day this year with one! Here's pics of the two:

Rolex:

IMG_1122.jpg

Cartier:

[/QUOTE]

Your pearlmaster is gorgeous. I've been lusting over it for years and I'm considering selling my datejust and Chanel to buy it. :heart:

The only thing I don't like about Rolex is it does not keep time!

With Cartier, I liked a few different styles in the past (Tank, Roadster and Ballon Bleu). However, none of them wow'd me enough for me to pull the trigger. Never ever thought myself to be a Rolex person for similar reasons as yours, but I suddenly loved this one Datejust enough to pull the trigger. I do believe as a timepiece, Rolex is a better choice. But you need to absolutely love what you get. Maybe you could look at a few diff styles of Rolex?

I prefer to buy watchmaker's watch. So my vote for Rolex. There are so many Rolex designs which are more feminie, like purseinsanity's Pearlmaster or even the Cellini designs. Cellini range are quartz, so it's accurate to the dot. See if you like the all diamond bezel on the new Rolex 31mm, I think they are so feminine and you can choose jubilee or oyster bracelet.

^Thanks nvie! OP, my model does indeed look very feminine when on my wrist, and Rolex has lots of other models to choose from as well that are extremely feminine. I was pleasantly surprised as just how many...good luck with your decision!

What an interesting thread. I was just thinking about this the other night while considering pulling the trigger on a watch.

I like the idea of the rolex movement and that quality there but none of the designs really speak to me.

The roadster on the other hand, fits my style and personality to an absolute T. I guess it just boils down to personal preference for the wearer!