Cartier Love Bracelet Sizing Thread!

That’s super helpful. I tried the fist thing. Is this what you mean? I guess my worry is I used to have 17- and it was super big - bangley. I think the 16 is more my “size”, but I worry when I clench at bottom of my wrist it will be annoying. Yours is a 16 or 17? Do you find that it gets annoying sometimes when it clips by your palm or do you just push it back up? I’m getting a second so I need to do decide between 2 17 or 2 16. What a tough decision haha
Ps the last photo is me “clenching” my palm to show where it sometimes hooks when my arm is down - I only notice when I try to clench or Lkke when I pick up a bag or carrying groceries et.

View attachment 4867855

View attachment 4867856

View attachment 4867857

View attachment 4867861

Yes, the fist measurement thing you did is exactly the technique I was referring to and correct. It does look like your fist fits that space nicely so I am wondering if you are measuring your wrist bone correctly. Especially since you say size 17 is too bangle-like and big.

My wrist bone measures 14-14.25 cm so I wear size 16. I think the main thing is measuring your wrist bone correctly.

I don’t know what you mean by ‘clenching’ your wrist. I don’t have any issues around my wrist area at all as the bracelets never get caught on my wrist bone.

And usually I do tend to wear my Loves pushed up my arm, but with the screws set at a slight angle, not directly on both sides, as I find that it contours to the bones of the arm naturally & comfortably that way.

Also, take into consideration temperature/weather. At different times, I noticed mine sometimes lays naturally all the way down my arm, and at other times, a few inches more toward the wrist, which makes me happy I have the loose fit and extra room.

At best, go for at least 1.5 cm bigger if not 2 cm because I think 1 cm is too tight, and from what you are saying, not what you want.

Last edited:
Reactions: nicole0612
I tried to measure mine at home and it was a 15. My fiancé said it was 14.5- I guess that would put me at a 16.5 for best fit. Clenching fist what I mean is when the bracelet is all the way on the wrist, near the palm, and I raise my palm up (see pic) it feels rather constricted. I know I won’t do this often but worries me. Mine doesn’t get stuck on my bone but sometimes rubs on it.
Did your change a lot in the heat? I wore mine to workout this AM- it was chilly out like 60 but it didn’t hurt, meaning I didn’t swell in that area

View attachment 4867875

View attachment 4867876

View attachment 4867877

Do you have a flexible measuring tape? I think it provides the best measurement contouring to the wrist bone.

I tried placing my bracelets like you said, but I don’t feel any restrictions as the bracelet tends to slide down my arm from my wrist without any problems, and yes, it is unlikely I will have it stay in that area for any period of time, but at any rate, it doesn’t get stuck there at all.

Also, when I workout, I always wear an armband to protect it and always check on the screws because the natural vibrations will make them become loose over time.

Hi. I’m in the exact dilemma. Can you share a pic of your bracelet now? Are you happy w your decision?
You can always switch your bracelet to your non dominant hand/wrist it’s always smaller then your dominate one. My right wrist is slightly bigger then my left so when I switch my bracelets to my left they are definitely bigger this might help in your situation

Below are the 2 17. I just feel that’s a “big look.” One 17 was fine but two I feel like it goes up and down and clanks. The only negative with the 16 was when I flexed my palm it would clench a little but I imagine that would get better over time. What are your thoughts? Does this look ginormous haha?

View attachment 4869014

View attachment 4869015

Well, it does look quite large! LOL

What did the SA say about it at Cartier? And perhaps they can measure your wrist for you? How far does it go down your arm?

Depending on if you are 14.5 or 15 cm, you really can go with 16 or 17 - just depends on what you are comfortable with and the look you want.

She said I was a true 16. Most people are between. See attached photo of it all the way down

View attachment 4869025

You probably are a 16 then and really it looked great on you.

I think most people would feel some cramping with the ‘clench’ thing you described, but it’s so rare to leave the bracelet in that position. I usually push mine up and out of the way - afraid of scratches.

I agree. I think even with the 17 in that position it’s odd haha. Do you have a photo of yours all the way down by your wrist? My fiancé said the 17 looks ginormous on me but I’m clearly so indecisive

Here you go (refer to the space near my wrist - not nearly as wide of a gap as your 17) - and your fiancé is right - looks totally HUGE on you! LOL

3DC9D622-8BF7-42E9-8BB3-2DBB1BA1B489.jpeg7F5B1CE1-B2DF-4A05-8568-0565616B0D31.jpeg

Reactions: no_way_to_say
Yes haha. He told me tonight it looks like I bought bangles from express I was like ugh, thanks haha. Ok last question and thanks again for ALLLL of your help. Since your 16 fits similar to the 16 on me, do you find it to get annoying during summer time when bloated swollen etc.?

No, I find them extremely comfortable even during summer/heat weather. I really don’t even feel them on me and sleep in them comfortably.

I’m glad to be able to help if I did, and hope it all works out for you!

They look great on your arm! Congrats!

i just tried on the size 16 and 17 love bracelets and cannot decide which to go for! My wrist is about 14.5cm and the SA recommended the size 16 for a more tailored fit. But the 16 does catch slightly on my wrist bone. On the other hand the size 17 slides down further onto my palm than I would like. The gold love is size 16 and the white gold is size 17. What do you think looks better?

9FB98C21-1146-4885-A583-0142F9CF5F5F.jpeg

4C7076E1-A401-4770-88FD-A1349B8C76ED.jpeg

18413E6F-7D96-43C0-ADBF-580319B83B9E.jpeg

DA54E6BE-5949-4959-BA0E-CFE7CB263995.jpeg

8927B470-FFB2-4927-9182-3130D7ABE1F3.jpeg

BDD3E773-99A9-4F0C-9E2A-9254D90F5306.jpeg

Definitely do the 16. I don’t like how the bangle sits in your palm with the 17 (last photo). Don’t you think that would bother you over time? Was the 16 not comfortable? Even loose bangles can catch the wrist bone. Then eventually move over depending on the movement of the wrist. As long as it’s not uncomfortable. Definitely don’t want the screws squeezing from the inside either.

The 16 wasn’t uncomfortable but I was concerned about it looking too fitted. No screws squeezing on the inside. It’s a shame they don’t make half sizes as a 16.5 would be perfect! I do think you’re right that the 17 dangling on my palm would get annoying. Thank you so much for the input!

I have the same wrist size (14.5 cm) and I also debated between the size 16 and 17. I ended up with the 16.

While I liked how the 17 went further up my arm, the way it fell on my hand was really similar to your last pic and I knew it would drive me crazy in the long run.

I totally agree I like how the 17 sits on my arm but the way it falls low on my hand is an issue. Are you happy with the 16? Has it been comfortable to wear all the time? Thank you!

I totally agree I like how the 17 sits on my arm but the way it falls low on my hand is an issue. Are you happy with the 16? Has it been comfortable to wear all the time? Thank you!

I bought my first love last year in May and I still get days where I worry I should have gone for the 17. I think that I made the right choice for me though.

During the summer on especially hot days I can feel that bracelets feel tighter but they’re not uncomfortable for me. I still have movement regardless of any swelling due to the heat. Considering I live in Canada, majority of the year for me is cooler/colder temperatures too.

I also feel I made the right choice with the 16 because at work I am either on a computer or performing manual tests where a looser fit that moves constantly would irritate me.

Hope that helps!

Reactions: Lovelux2