Cartier LOVE Bracelet Discussion Thread!

Dec 15, 2009
Can someone clarify something?

I've heard a lot of people talking about the WG love bracelet & saying it's plated with rhodium. Are they all? I've seen some WG bracelets that look shiny and that I like, and then others look like matte metal which I don't love. Is this because some are plated differently, or am I so wrong on this?

I don't know why I was under the impression that the diamond love's are plated with rhodium which is what gives it the "shiny" look, but I've heard this somewhere. Is it accurate? I don't see anything saying this on the actual Cartier website, so maybe I'm making this all up LOL
The plain WG are not plated. The diamond ones are plated. The plain WG JUC is plated. It will cost about $200 and 2 weeks for them to plate the plain WG. If you don't plate the WG, it will turn gray over time. Some people like the gray look.

• Love
Reactions: avcbob

avcbob

O.G.
Jan 31, 2009
Eastern USA
The plain WG are not plated. The diamond ones are plated. The plain WG JUC is plated. It will cost about $200 and 2 weeks for them to plate the plain WG. If you don't plate the WG, it will turn gray over time. Some people like the gray look.
I had my WG plated after the fact and it looks great now!

Jul 27, 2008
Just thinking a bit... The 7 Loves and the 3 Panthère rings were the perfect buy for me. Couldn't be happier. :love: :heart:
Hi scheurin! May I ask if all your 7 loves are the original version? I would like to get a 3rd Love and not sure if I would like to stick with original or get my first thin version :rolleyes:

Oct 17, 2020
Does anyone have a WG plated vs non-plated and can include a picture? Or include a picture of whatever you have in hopes someone else will upload an image? I'd love to see the differences side by side!

Reactions: GucciGoneWild

Tonimichelle

It’s all about the bag!
Apr 9, 2013
UK
www.etsy.com
Does anyone have a WG plated vs non-plated and can include a picture? Or include a picture of whatever you have in hopes someone else will upload an image? I'd love to see the differences side by side!
This may help hopefully! I purchased a preowned Love with the old style screws a couple of years ago that had been rhodium plated. The cuff I purchased from Cartier so no rhodium. I actually prefer without as it’s a softer looking colour to me and I liked the fact that there was no plating that could start wearing off so I had the rhodium removed from my bangle after I purchased it.
CA23A5F6-59C0-4E29-B848-F3C73BF31944.jpeg

jasmynh1

Feb 18, 2016
United Kingdom
Received my LOVE that has the old screw system, found one in basically brand new condition for an amazing price. The screws are so sturdy and there is absolutely no way they could even become loose, even unscrewing them was difficult for my fiancee - it's a Christmas/early wedding present, so he refused to screw it onto my wrist until Christmas day :biggrin: but he did let me try it on for size before he hid it for Christmas (and he put tape on it so he didn't have to screw it closed :yucky: lol)

Attachments

scheurin

Jun 25, 2020
Hi all, I’m really interested in this full pave/ceramic love bracelet. I have 4 love bracelets in size 16–can this full pave one be worn with the regular love bracelets and fit in uniformly? Or is it much thicker/bigger?
As you already have other 4 I would definitely NOT get the reg pavé. Tried it with mine (I have 7 in total) - just looks ugly :yucky: with its thickness. So I went with 2 small pavés. MUCH better, in fact just :love: :heart:

I do not like the ceramic but that is my personal preference.

Feb 1, 2015
As you already have other 4 I would definitely NOT get the reg pavé. Tried it with mine (I have 7 in total) - just looks ugly :yucky: with its thickness. So I went with 2 small pavés. MUCH better, in fact just :love: :heart:

Whether it sticks out or not is exactly what I wanted to know—thank you!

avcbob

O.G.
Jan 31, 2009
Eastern USA

Do you wear your thin Pave loves 24/7?? My wife is looking for a thin pave, but also wants to wear it all the time and doesn't know if that's a good idea.

Feb 1, 2015
Do you wear your thin Pave loves 24/7?? My wife is looking for a thin pave, but also wants to wear it all the time and doesn't know if that's a good idea.
I also have a thin pave and I wear it 24/7/365–NEVER take it off. I wipe the floors, workout, shower, paint, etc with it on.

Actually stays looking better than my regular loves because it doesn’t get scratched up looking!

Attachments