Cartier Love Bangle Bracelet vs. Cuff

I have the regular love bangle. When I first became interested in getting it, I wasn’t sure if I'd be comfortable wearing a bracelet 24/7 and considered if the cuff would be a better fit. I tried it at the boutique and immediately felt that if I was to get the love bracelet, it would have to be the full one. The cuff just didn’t feel special enough with the opening on bottom. I’ve been wearing it nearly 3 years now and love it so much. It’s extremely comfortable and I don’t even feel it most of the time (I also wear a thin stacked 24/7)

I think there are people who like the cuff but there are so many on this board who are surprised by how comfortable the full love is and how easy it is to wear. Not sure if this answered pros and cons, but just thought I’d share my thoughts anyway. The regular love obviously gets my vote!
I agree! And want to add that I owned and wore the cuff for 3 years before I switched to the full bracelet, now I wear atleast 2 stacked with 0 issues and will never go back! LOVE them so much!

Reactions: Yodabest
Does anyone ever get the bangle in a big enough size to slip on and off at night? Is that even possible?
I was going through the thread and I just saw your post, my bracelets can be slipped on/off and I LOVE that.. SO convenient :smile: but I don’t take them off daily .. I wear them 24/7 most of the time unless I want to change up the stack!

A4D17991-4299-421F-AC99-78D49CF48B56.jpeg

Last edited:
On the topic of the cuff being smaller...
Does anyone wear a full love in one size and a cuff in the same numerical size? Any overlap issues?
I’m in between sizes, have a 17 love but it goes up my arm quite a bit. If I got a 17 cuff (with the intention of it fitting closer/tighter) do you think wearing them together would cause issues?

Has anyone here regretted getting a cuff? Or had a bracelet and decided a cuff was better for your lifestyle and/or aesthetics? I love the look of the bracelet but don’t think I want it locked on me every day all day so I’m seriously considering the cuff but am worried I’ll regret not going for the bracelet. How have others handled this?

Reactions: marisanz
On the topic of the cuff being smaller...
Does anyone wear a full love in one size and a cuff in the same numerical size? Any overlap issues?
I’m in between sizes, have a 17 love but it goes up my arm quite a bit. If I got a 17 cuff (with the intention of it fitting closer/tighter) do you think wearing them together would cause issues?
I did this with a 16 Love and a 16 cuff. The bangle went over the cuff all the time and scratched it up extensively. I would not recommend this unless you don’t mind scratches.

Reactions: lolakitten
Has anyone here regretted getting a cuff? Or had a bracelet and decided a cuff was better for your lifestyle and/or aesthetics? I love the look of the bracelet but don’t think I want it locked on me every day all day so I’m seriously considering the cuff but am worried I’ll regret not going for the bracelet. How have others handled this?
I had a cuff for many years. I wouldn’t say I regretted it. It served its purpose. But once I got my Rainbow, it became obsolete. I found myself wearing it less and less and lost interest altogether.

I’m interested in getting a cuff or regular love bracelet (still deciding) to be able to stack with thin diamond juc. I’ve 15cm wrist and 16cm thin juc. Any advice on sizing for cuff and regular love?

From the comments, it seems like I should get 17cm regular or 18cm cuff? I’m just curious how an 18cm cuff would look on 15cm wrist. For reference, I like my bracelets looser not fitted. I do not have a boutique in my city so have to order online.

I had a cuff for many years. I wouldn’t say I regretted it. It served its purpose. But once I got my Rainbow, it became obsolete. I found myself wearing it less and less and lost interest altogether.

That is similar to how I feel after purchasing the classic, having purchased the small Love first. I, too, lost interest in my small Love and currently don’t wear it anymore, not even stacked with the classic.

Here’s my order of preference:
1. Classic Love
2. Cuff
3. Small Love

I’m interested in getting a cuff or regular love bracelet (still deciding) to be able to stack with thin diamond juc. I’ve 15cm wrist and 16cm thin juc. Any advice on sizing for cuff and regular love?

From the comments, it seems like I should get 17cm regular or 18cm cuff? I’m just curious how an 18cm cuff would look on 15cm wrist. For reference, I like my bracelets looser not fitted. I do not have a boutique in my city so have to order online.

In following the thread’s subject title, as you can see, I prefer the full classic bracelet over the cuff.

However, for people who need/want to take it off for whatever reason, then I would say go for the cuff because it has the same presence and aesthetics of the classic but at a lower price point along with the flexibility of taking it off.

My only fear would be that this flexibility may be a “con” for the cuff for those who could have chosen the classic because the flexibility creates the opportunity for the wearer to take it off more often; thus, wearing it less. Whereas, the classic is more permanent; thus, the wearer gets more wear from it on a daily basis.

As for sizing, I wrote this on another thread:

From my understanding and reading on this forum, the cuff should be one size up (+1) from the Love sizing and not the same size as the Love.

Therefore, based on your wrist size of 15 cm, I would go with a size 17 in the classic and size 18 in the cuff. These sizes will allow you the loose fit that you prefer.

That is similar to how I feel after purchasing the classic, having purchased the small Love first. I, too, lost interest in my small Love and currently don’t wear it anymore, not even stacked with the classic.

Here’s my order of preference:
1. Classic Love
2. Cuff
3. Small Love

In following the thread’s subject title, as you can see, I prefer the full classic bracelet over the cuff.

However, for people who need/want to take it off for whatever reason, then I would say go for the cuff because it has the same presence and aesthetics of the classic but at a lower price point along with the flexibility of taking it off.

My only fear would be that this flexibility may be a “con” for the cuff for those who could have chosen the classic because the flexibility creates the opportunity for the wearer to take it off more often; thus, wearing it less. Whereas, the classic is more permanent; thus, the wearer gets more wear from it on a daily basis.

As for sizing, I wrote this on another thread:

From my understanding and reading on this forum, the cuff should be one size up (+1) from the Love sizing and not the same size as the Love.

Therefore, based on your wrist size of 15 cm, I would go with a size 17 in the classic and size 18 in the cuff. These sizes will allow you the loose fit that you prefer.
Thanks so much, I think I’m leaning towards a cuff now. The idea to be able to take it off when needed is very appealing. I’ve a VCA signature perleé and like being able to take it off during exercise etc

I have the cuff and I love that I can take it off easily whenever I want to. I don't sleep with my jewelry---so while it is nice too, I cannot have the love bracelet. It just doesn't suit my lifestyle. For anyone considering the love bracelet, maybe you can try wearing a regular bracelet for a week first 24/7 to see how you truly feel about this?