Cartier Etincelle ring in WG

Nesslee

Sep 23, 2019
Hello dears,
I am relatively new in Cartier and I am considering Alliance Etincelle ring in WG. I have 2 questions. Can you wear Cartier white gold ring in everyday life without any change in the color? I mean with soaps and hand gels added into our daily life, is it ok to wear white gold every day without worrying about it? my second question is.. the price changes with the ring size? especially with Etincelle, if I choose a much smaller ring, is it worth having it?

Last edited:
Hello dears,
I am relatively new in Cartier and I am considering Alliance Etincelle ring in WG. I have 2 questions. Can you wear Cartier white gold ring in everyday life without any change in the color? I mean with soaps and hand gels added into our daily life, is it ok to wear white gold every day without worrying about it? my second question is.. the price changes with the ring size? especially with Etincelle, if I choose a much smaller ring, is it worth having it?

Hello,

I am not sure what the "Alliance" Etincelle ring is that you are referring to, but yes, you can wear it everyday. However, I would take off my rings to apply hand gels and lotions so it doesn't get stuck in between the diamond and setting. Having said that though, if you are able to purchase it in platinum, I would go for platinum instead.

After a certain size, Cartier does raise the dollar amount of the item. They do the same for the Destinee line when I purchased my ring. This is pretty much standard on all their items because it requires more material. I would not go for a smaller size due to pricing. Get the size that fits and personally, I wear my ring a bit bigger for comfort. I have my ring sized to slide easily over my knuckle, but it doesn't fall off.

Reactions: mocktail
Yes, you can wear white gold rings all the time. However, my friends with white gold wedding sets do note that the rhodium plating will wear off more quickly if you leave rings on all the time. Cartier is not an exception here. When the rhodium plating wears off, you will see the natural white gold color beneath. You can always get them replated for a fee.

Because of this, I also recommend getting it in platinum if you can afford it.

Reactions: Chaton
If you talk specifically about Cartier their WG items are not rhodium plated. Their WG is more grayish looking because of it. Only their diamond WG jewelry is rhodium plated.

I have this ring for a little more than 10 years now as my wedding ring and I love it :smile: However, it became very grey after 10 years of daily use, even though I try to avoid washing my hands with it and always take it off when cooking. Also, I don’t sleep with it. I have to say that the setting seems delicate, even for the 2mm (the one I have and I wouldn’t buy the pm 1.5 cm version). But so far so good: I use it daily and never had any issue with it.
I had started this thread specifically about the rhodium plating of my ring, hopefully it can help :smile:

Hi all,

I wanted to know if anyone owns the Cartier Etincelle wedding ring (the smallest one with 1,52mm). I currently own the engagement ring one with emerald cut diamond and I'm considering buying the wedding ring to pair it with my current ring.

Thank you!