Cartier books

scheurin

Jun 25, 2020
Hey, any insights on this book?

The Cartiers: The Untold Story of the Family Behind the Jewelry Empire by Francesca Cartier Brickell (yes, she's a grand-granddoughter)

Just heard a podcast about. These are not the shiny and massive ones you can get at Cartier but more about history.

Worth getting?

Hey, any insights on this book?

The Cartiers: The Untold Story of the Family Behind the Jewelry Empire by Francesca Cartier Brickell (yes, she's a grand-granddoughter)

Just heard a podcast about. These are not the shiny and massive ones you can get at Cartier but more about history.

Worth getting?
Yes it is an excellent book - feeling excited and inspired the whole time when I read it. A book about history, business and art. Love and be loyal to Cartier jewelry more after reading it. My only complaint is that I wish the book has a fancy edition - exquisite cover and high quality paper, so that I can keep the book forever!

I read it during stay-at-home Covid - it was looooooonnngggg, like close to 700 pages. It tells the early family history and the history of the era - world history - plays a major part of the story. There were a lot of photos included, too. I like reading books about famous brands like Gucci, Chanel and others, so I wanted to read it, but it's really long - it'll appeal to you if you like history a lot.

Reactions: JulieKat
Wow, so many of you are aware of that book. Stunning. In the podcast she mentioned 120 % tax on jewelry. And I complain about 10 to 20 :nuts: And all these fashioneers and their friends are a bit weird, like this Santo Dumont.

My only complaint is that I wish the book has a fancy edition - exquisite cover and high quality paper, so that I can keep the book forever!

Aren't there 2 versions? Paperback and hardcover or do you refer to an even fancier one?

Wow, so many of you are aware of that book. Stunning. In the podcast she mentioned 120 % tax on jewelry. And I complain about 10 to 20 :nuts: And all these fashioneers and their friends are a bit weird, like this Santo Dumont.

Aren't there 2 versions? Paperback and hardcover or do you refer to an even fancier one?
I wish Folio Society could print this book. I am really into their quality. This Cartier book is very very inspiring and eye opening. I admire all three Cartier brothers and the girl behind the Panthere (I try my best not to reveal too much!)

Wish there's a movie or docu about the Cartiers just like the Gucci on Netflix.

The Gucci was terrible. The more I think about it, the worse it was. It wasn't about the incredible achievement of a man that went from bellboy to International business man, just a funny crime drama with colourful costumes. Even Selma Hayek was blah, I think she's gorgeous and a good actress, but how incestuous she was in it. There were 2 about Saint Laurent that were OK (French)

My guess is there'll be a story about all these brands one day - all made with the brand's involvement. It's the logical next step-in these brands' 'stories'

What puts people off writing about these brands is future litigation. Cartier and Richemont (Compagnie Financière Richemont S.A) are incredibly protective of the their brand(s).

• Haha
Reactions: ehy210