Capucines exotics

I know this is an old thread but I still need honest opinion from TPF fellows. Since last post I purchased my first and only Taurillon leather Capucines bb. Which I truly enjoyed it. Now my CA is showing me a lizard plus other exotic Capucines…
Should I invest the money to buy one? How are they holding up? Is it worth the money? I really don’t want to have a bag just to look at but use it and enjoy it so I’m struggling with the idea. Please give any opinion or advise :confused1:

I know this is an old thread but I still need honest opinion from TPF fellows. Since last post I purchased my first and only Taurillon leather Capucines bb. Which I truly enjoyed it. Now my CA is showing me a lizard plus other exotic Capucines…
Should I invest the money to buy one? How are they holding up? Is it worth the money? I really don’t want to have a bag just to look at but use it and enjoy it so I’m struggling with the idea. Please give any opinion or advise :confused1:

If I were going to do a LV exotic it would the rose des vents bb/mini bag. If they ever brought to the us in non exotic I would be interested. They used to have the pm version in boring colors on the us website.

As for longevity of exotics. Alligator is hardy but does need care. Python or any scale leather is the most fragile and can catch on clothing if not smoothed out properly. Ostrich is the easiest to care for in my opinion but you might not like the look of it (I like it though).

Picture is of rose des vents mini

Attachments

• 4E252FEE-5CCB-45B0-B010-97CD56DC12C2.jpeg
    4E252FEE-5CCB-45B0-B010-97CD56DC12C2.jpeg
    69.6 KB · Views: 52
If I were going to do a LV exotic it would the rose des vents bb/mini bag. If they ever brought to the us in non exotic I would be interested. They used to have the pm version in boring colors on the us website.

As for longevity of exotics. Alligator is hardy but does need care. Python or any scale leather is the most fragile and can catch on clothing if not smoothed out properly. Ostrich is the easiest to care for in my opinion but you might not like the look of it (I like it though).

Picture is of rose des vents mini
Thanks for the reply, sounds like I should stay away from lizard and python. Therefore, I’m only consider either ostrich or croc… the ostrich is so much more affected than croc! For that reason I can’t help to like ostrich more haha.
This rose color is stunning! The style is also timeless but they don’t make it anymore?!

Thanks for the reply, sounds like I should stay away from lizard and python. Therefore, I’m only consider either ostrich or croc… the ostrich is so much more affected than croc! For that reason I can’t help to like ostrich more haha.
This rose color is stunning! The style is also timeless but they don’t make it anymore?!
They make them but they don’t seem to be offered on USA website anymore. I’ve never seen the mini size on the USA website. I screenshot that image from the euro site.

In my experience, I have mentioned to my CA what item I am interested in. They can do a search to see if it is available anywhere in the world, or many items they can create for you. This is only for exotics, since the price point is higher.

Reactions: blushnbellinlvoe
I’m a big fan of exotics, probably too much so haha.

LV exotics are amazing. LV and H have their own farms so the quality is just a step above other brands. LV has been doing some absolutely stunning painting/dye effects lately that are just so amazing!

If you want to dip a toe in the exotic pool, the the technically not exotic but exotic adjacent ostrich is almost always stunning IMO. If you want officially exotic then python and lizard have price tags that aren’t quite as daunting but are still awesome. Lizard is definitely harder to find, though there always seem to be a few floating around.

Crocogator is definitely considered the top of the exotic pile and have the scariest price tags haha but this is where LV truly shines IMO.

All exotics have their bugaboos when it comes to care but any of them can be used. Most of them (I know all the croc/gator but honestly don’t remember for the others) come with “raincoats” which is basically a cover in case you ever get caught out in the rain.

As for the bag silhouette, they each have their own vibe. The City Steamer is chic and really shows of the skin, the Cap bb has a bit more of a romantic feel, the mini is an evening bag, exotic Petite Malle are usually amazing though it’s not the most practical bag, the same goes for the Petite Boite Chappeau as well.

I’m a big fan of exotics, probably too much so haha.

LV exotics are amazing. LV and H have their own farms so the quality is just a step above other brands. LV has been doing some absolutely stunning painting/dye effects lately that are just so amazing!

If you want to dip a toe in the exotic pool, the the technically not exotic but exotic adjacent ostrich is almost always stunning IMO. If you want officially exotic then python and lizard have price tags that aren’t quite as daunting but are still awesome. Lizard is definitely harder to find, though there always seem to be a few floating around.

Crocogator is definitely considered the top of the exotic pile and have the scariest price tags haha but this is where LV truly shines IMO.

All exotics have their bugaboos when it comes to care but any of them can be used. Most of them (I know all the croc/gator but honestly don’t remember for the others) come with “raincoats” which is basically a cover in case you ever get caught out in the rain.

As for the bag silhouette, they each have their own vibe. The City Steamer is chic and really shows of the skin, the Cap bb has a bit more of a romantic feel, the mini is an evening bag, exotic Petite Malle are usually amazing though it’s not the most practical bag, the same goes for the Petite Boite Chappeau as well.
Thank you for all the in depth knowledge! I’m just dipping my toes at this stage. Knowing ostrich is so much more affordable plus much easier to care for… I’m leaning toward ostrich more. The only concern is ostrich tends to be “matte” compared to lizard or croc/ gator (shiny) which just looks newer. Not sure if I got it right?!
My ca never mentioned the croc/gator from LV came with raincoat which is nice to know. My friend bought a lizard one which didn’t come with one…
If ostrich and lizard prices are compatible which one would you choose? And why? TIA

Thank you for all the in depth knowledge! I’m just dipping my toes at this stage. Knowing ostrich is so much more affordable plus much easier to care for… I’m leaning toward ostrich more. The only concern is ostrich tends to be “matte” compared to lizard or croc/ gator (shiny) which just looks newer. Not sure if I got it right?!
My ca never mentioned the croc/gator from LV came with raincoat which is nice to know. My friend bought a lizard one which didn’t come with one…
If ostrich and lizard prices are compatible which one would you choose? And why? TIA

Ostrich is always done in a matte finish. Lizard, gator, croc, and actually python can all com in matter or glossy finish.

I don’t know if the raincoats are necessarily advertised or mentioned, they just come with the bag. You can always ask them to get you one if for some reason the bag doesn’t have one.

Oh that’s a tough call. I often like larger exotic bags, I have no problem wearing them as everyday bags. Usually you can find ostrich in larger bags so I’ll lean ostrich for larger bags, I have an amazing ostrich keepall. Lizard is so sleek though. I’m not sure I could decide just between the skins lol. It really depends on the bag and the color etc. When it comes to exotics a particular bag either screams at me that I must have it or it doesn’t. I honestly don’t think much about my exotics purchases as it tends to be an instant attraction thing.

An exotic mini capucines is definitely on my list! I spent too much money this year but next year I definitely plan to get one. Still divided between ostrich and karung, but I know I want it in either red or orange, preferably bicolour. My SA said he didn’t foresee any difficulty since LV is pretty happy to do MTO for the exotic capucines.