Can you put a city on your shoulder?

I'm 5' 11" and I can wear my giant hardware city bag over my shoulder using the handles when I'm wearing just a top or light summer jacket. If I'm wearing a winter coat then I use the shoulder strap. Think though that a Day bag is the perfect solution if you'd rather have your bag on your shoulder.

I am 5' 8" and not super slim (size 8) and I can wear the bag on my shoulder, but like others, I like the shoulder strap for constant carrying - using the strap delays handle warming too. I sold a City to a young lady and she was carrying her Twiggy over her shoulder which she said she does all of the time, so it seems those handles are just a tad longer or they were stretched. I have a Club that works really well as a true shoulder bag.

Hi! I can wear my GSH city on my shoulder using the handles and its quite a comfy fit. I actually prefer this look to using the strap. But just wondering - do the hardware rub against your clothes and cause abrasion marks on the more delicate fabrics?

Erm. Can anyone who wears the GH city on the shoulder with the handles help me out please - do the hardware rub against your clothes and cause abrasion marks on the more delicate fabrics?

Been a bit concerned about that and as a result, leery about wearing my new Castagna GSH city on my shoulder with the handles.

^^I wear my cities only on my shoulder by the handles, never by the shoulder strap, and I have never had an issue with the HW rubbing on any of my clothes. The HW isnt jagged or rough, so it shouldnt bother fabrics.