Can you put a city on your shoulder?

Or after extensive wear, the bag stretches out and you can sort of wear it (not with a bulky coat) with the regular handles. The purse is a great alternative if you really want a shoulder bag. The purse style fits comfortably on the shoulder because it has a longer handle drop. I also think the first makes a nice shoulder bag with the shoulder straps. The bag doesn't bend in the middle like with the city when you use the shoulder straps so it looks good IMO.

Other shoulder wearabilty styles is the day/hobo. The twiggy is like the city, it has the same handle drop buy when you've broken it in, you may also try to wear it on the shoulder. HTH! :smile:

if my CITY is not stuff with lots of stuff - but half the time it is... i can put the bag on my shoulder... but i usually use the shoulder strap. otherwise, theres the PURSE, or HOBO... good luck! :smile:

I usually carry my city bag using the shoulder strap, but after several months of use I've noticed that the handles have stretched enough to fit over my shoulder quite nicely as well.

Hi all
I am a newbie on this thread. I am saving up for a ball bag. They are beautiful. I usually carry my bag on my shoulder. Do the handles on the city fit over your shoulder? I am 5'8" tall.

Am am tall and not that skinny and I can only get the giant hardware city handles over my shoulder - not the regular hardware bags (tassle bags).

jill39 ~ I am 5'7" sort of skinny and I prefer to carry my bag over my shoulder. I don't like to carry it by strap (looks funny on me) and I think it is more of decorative item. Both GH City & Part Time can be carried over the shoulder. But I am not sure GH City will work with thick winter coats (it is still Summer where I live). Over all I think Part Time is a better choice if you like to carry B-bag over your shoulder.