can a mahina leather still look good after, say, 10-15 years??

This is my bag from 2008. Still in perfect condition. The leather is very soft and mooshy, so if it’s not filled will collapse, but looks great on the shoulder. No corner/edge wear on piping, strap. Hardwares still bright and shiny after 12 years.View attachment 5205927View attachment 5205928View attachment 5205931View attachment 5205932View attachment 5205933View attachment 5205927View attachment 5205928View attachment 5205931View attachment 5205932View attachment 5205933
Wonderful Condition

Reactions: AmeeLVSBags
Sadly, I had returned all my old Mahina bags.:crybaby:
My first Mahina Solar in 2010 , I bought it because I love white bags, the glazing was slightly cracked, the store sent for repair. When it came back from repair, there was a stain or some kind of glue stick on the front portion, not obvious but I could see it. My SA at that time told me to use the bag first. After one year plus, the stain was still there and I sent for repair again in 2012, this time the bag never came back! The store manager told me they have to give me a store credit because the bag is in very bad condition that they didn’t even let me see it.
My Mahina L,glazing became sticky and I had returned it last year .
69404878-CA47-4601-B5D5-06EB38808053.jpeg
3rd bag was Mahina Stellar, I don’t understand why the top portion of the bag is without leather edge glazing , they was a lot of fine fibres kept coming out from the portion without glazing , I couldn’t stand it and returned it beginning of this year .

Currently I own Bella and Scala , love them and hope they won’t have problem like those older Mahina

My first Mahina Solar in 2010 , I bought it because I love white bags, the glazing was slightly cracked, the store sent for repair. When it came back from repair, there was a stain or some kind of glue stick on the front portion, not obvious but I could see it. My SA at that time told me to use the bag first. After one year plus, the stain was still there and I sent for repair again in 2012, this time the bag never came back! The store manager told me they have to give me a store credit because the bag is in very bad condition that they didn’t even let me see it.
View attachment 5206461
3rd bag was Mahina Stellar, I don’t understand why the top portion of the bag is without leather edge glazing , they was a lot of fine fibres kept coming out from the portion without glazing , I couldn’t stand it and returned it beginning of this year .

Currently I own Bella and Scala , love them and hope they won’t have problem like those older Mahina
I'm amazed they accepted return after many years of use, I understand the glazing issue, the melting sticky batch seems to be from 2012 to 2014 was the bad formula so prior to that you don't see many with glazing issues. I would think cracking would be from use with the straps flexing when in use. But I've never seen any with fibres coming out, and they let you keep exchanging for new bags? very lucky. I brought mine with cracks and had no option to get credit and had to pay over $500 for new handles!

Yes, so far our LV store let me returned all the problematic bags, because they could tell the damage was not caused by me and not due to wear and tear. They know I’m a gentle user, and I have so many bags to rotate. Every time when I returned my bags, my CA and her colleagues saw the condition of my bags and said my bags look brand new.
The cracking Mahina solar happened before I bought it actually, I saw the crack when I wanted to buy it at the store, that was my second LV bag so I didn’t know much about LV and I had no regular CA at that time. The CA who attended to me told me the white colour is seasonal and they might not have new stock coming in anymore, so I agreed to buy and let her sent for repair … so silly right?!
The Mahina stellar, towards the top part, the leather was just sewn together and there wasn’t any leather edge /glazing that seal the end , a lot of fine fibre came out from there.
I have deleted my pictures but you can watch this video at 8:47.

View attachment 5206461

Wow, I did not realize there was so many problems/issues with the old mahinas, I thought it was mostly newer bags that have had quality issues.

Yes, so far our LV store let me returned all the problematic bags, because they could tell the damage was not caused by me and not due to wear and tear. They know I’m a gentle user, and I have so many bags to rotate. Every time when I returned my bags, my CA and her colleagues saw the condition of my bags and said my bags look brand new.
The cracking Mahina solar happened before I bought it actually, I saw the crack when I wanted to buy it at the store, that was my second LV bag so I didn’t know much about LV and I had no regular CA at that time. The CA who attended to me told me the white colour is seasonal and they might not have new stock coming in anymore, so I agreed to buy and let her sent for repair … so silly right?!
The Mahina stellar, towards the top part, the leather was just sewn together and there wasn’t any leather edge /glazing that seal the end , a lot of fine fibre came out from there.
I have deleted my pictures but you can watch this video at 8:47.

Ohh sorry to hear that you had to give them up, all beautiful bags too. Such a shame. Yes you would definitely look after your bags and have many beauties in rotation. This helps people who buy pre loved what to look for, though with the hobo if you get the bag at a cheap price it's worth getting new handles with the new glazing as I found the rest of the bag to be great after many years.

This is my bag from 2008. Still in perfect condition. The leather is very soft and mooshy, so if it’s not filled will collapse, but looks great on the shoulder. No corner/edge wear on piping, strap. Hardwares still bright and shiny after 12 years.View attachment 5205927View attachment 5205928View attachment 5205931View attachment 5205932View attachment 5205933View attachment 5205927View attachment 5205928View attachment 5205931View attachment 5205932View attachment 5205933
Would you consider this bag a medium sized bag? I’ve recently got into small bags but I found this model ( mahina xs?) on the preloved market and I’m very much considering it. It looks like such a comfortable piece.

Would you consider this bag a medium sized bag? I’ve recently got into small bags but I found this model ( mahina xs?) on the preloved market and I’m very much considering it. It looks like such a comfortable piece.
Although the name is called XS, this bag in today’s standard is considered medium to large size bag. It is a very practical bag.

No issues with my Hina MM tote after using it for a few years. I use it 5 days per week. It did soften up and isn’t as stiff. Mahina is my favorite leather and even more so than Hermes clemence. I love it so much that I purchased the Bella.

Reactions: mixlv
Hi all. Are there any owners of Muria in chocolate color here? I recently bought it. I like that the light-colored perforation logos are not conspicuous, but I would still like the pattern to remain visible. The fact is that I recently saw a bag in this color for sale on fashionfille and the perforation on it is almost invisible, it seems just a brown leather. Got a little sad :sad:

Hi all. Are there any owners of Muria in chocolate color here? I recently bought it. I like that the light-colored perforation logos are not conspicuous, but I would still like the pattern to remain visible. The fact is that I recently saw a bag in this color for sale on fashionfille and the perforation on it is almost invisible, it seems just a brown leather. Got a little sad :sad:
I purchased the Muria in chocolate when it was released. Not exactly sure when that was. It’s still as beautiful as the day I brought it home. Nothing has changed with it’s color. I think lighting when photographed has a lot to do how with what you are seeing with the Fashionphile bag. Don’t be sad! Enjoy your beautiful bag!

A53FF0D2-1B4D-46B4-93A5-7E394F19778B.jpeg

I purchased the Muria in chocolate when it was released. Not exactly sure when that was. It’s still as beautiful as the day I brought it home. Nothing has changed with it’s color. I think lighting when photographed has a lot to do how with what you are seeing with the Fashionphile bag. Don’t be sad! Enjoy your beautiful bag!

View attachment 5678395
Oh wow. It looks like new. How often do you use it? And thank you very much for the picture.

No issues with my Hina MM tote after using it for a few years. I use it 5 days per week. It did soften up and isn’t as stiff. Mahina is my favorite leather and even more so than Hermes clemence. I love it so much that I purchased the Bella.
How's your Bella holding up? What color did you buy? I just ordered the blue Bella and would love to know what you think of yours.