Cameron Diaz

Lots of women (and men) change their mind about having kids when they meet the right partner. Maybe that was the case with her. Benji and his brother seem like really nice men who are stable and interested in family. It definitely seems like he would have wanted a family. Must have been a surrogate - she's been photographed a lot the last few months and was clearly not pregnant. Happy news for them, however they did it.

No, you aren't imagining it.

It was actually more recent than that. She had been quoted many times about her need to not get married or have children. There are lots of links just in this thread where she talked about not wanting children or not populating the earth with more mouths to feed.

I wonder if/when she froze her eggs - or if she did/was able to at all. Cameron was pretty clear about not wanting children until she married Benji. Gave a lot of interviews and was quoted multiple times about it. I think she had to make a choice: have children or lose Benji. *MY OPINION*
I wonder if she’ll be one of those celebs that says she never knew love, or how rewarding her life is now that she has a "family".

Another happily child-free celeb bites the dust. :blah:

OMG, that would make me want to vomit! :sick: And LOL @ the last sentence! So true! :lol:

Reactions: Sferics
That's one thing I don't get. Why spout off in interviews multiple times about something, then do a complete 180. You didn't ever need to say you didn't want children. Of course people change their minds, but don't need to take a vocal stance on it in the first place. *shrug*
They probably didn't ever need to announce it. No one follows their lives, and we didn't need a "we won't be posting any pics" statement. But, clearly they still want the attention on some level.

Exactly! If I remember correctly, she had a very negative stance about having kids. I hope she doesn't say that she finally saw the light. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Sferics
It doesn’t surprise me honestly. Cameron has seemed really settled and content in her marriage the last few years. Maybe she changed her mind about kids. Maybe her previous childfree stance was due to her emotional/relationship/life status at the time she said that. Not suggesting this is the case for all people who are childfree - for most it is a lifelong feeling, for a few it may be more situational.