Calling all oskar waltz owners!!!

Yes, I think it's very cool too, and it becomes more beautiful, elegant and stunning in my eyes with each passing year I have it (about 15 years now). I personally find it hard to believe there are fakes floating about out there or that someone has seen "so many fakes" that they were dissuaded from buying one. I travel extensively, am an LV research hound, owned 30+ LV bags - travel alls, garment bags, suitcases not to count way too many SLGs and have never see a counterfeit Oskar or Macha. (I have started "paying it forward" and passing my bags on to family and well deserving young women, including hard working college girls carrying counterfeit LV's - but they have to cut up the counterfeit bag in from of me and pledge never to buy another counterfeit. I even cut up an older very well loved LV of mine and made a "bead bag" for my grandson, with his initials KXK on it, when he was a toddler and out & about. My son, now 43, thought I had lost the plot.) The price tag for an Oskar in quality condition would probably dissuade anyone from purchasing one, far more than "so many fakes". There is a used Oskar in nice condition currently on eBay for $7,500. Personally, I do not understand why anyone would buy a newer LV in monogram as today's monogram is pure rubbish, as is the construction! A quality vintage/used LV bag is far superior in the long run. Happy handbag journeys to you. Best wishes always, Grammi Jane
Do you know if the Waltz Macha was ever made with a wide shoulder strap, or was it only the top handles with chain strap?

10 years have passed since your post, but it popped up during my Oskar Waltz search. I also saw the LV Oskar Waltz when Marc Jacobs revealed on the Oprah show - then gave it to her. She was ecstatic! So was I. It took me years to find one (pictures of Oprah carrying her Oskar Waltz went on for more than a year). I have never been so over the top about a bag - ever, and I have been collecting LV's since my son was born in 1979, and have 4 Hermès bags also. I really need to downsize, but I can't bring myself to sell my Oskar. It's so gorgeous. I've traveled with it - it fits everything plus the kitchen sink. The strap is invaluable when traveling, especially with a child. It was reported that less than 100 were made, so the bag is very rare and not common to see, but I've been asked many many times to show an LV lover the bag. I'm going to have to keep the bag for awhile longer, just can't pass it on yet. I'm also pleased to share that I have Oskar's lil' half-pint kin, the Macha Waltz - equally as stunning for special occasions. View attachment 5585112
I couldn't find any pictures of Oprah carrying this bag but your picture of these two together is a perfect pose. I'm on the hunt for the Macha. Do you still own them in 2023?

I couldn't find any pictures of Oprah carrying this bag but your picture of these two together is a perfect pose. I'm on the hunt for the Macha. Do you still own them in 2023?
Yes, I do still own them and after a lifetime of buying, I'm beginning to think about downsizing my collection of bags.

I just made an offer on the Macha. I am not a hand carry bag person but the Oskar is huge. I'm even wondering if the small one may seem big since I don't carry much? I offered quite a bit less than asking so who knows.

I should reduce the number of bags I have, also. I don't even know how many LVs I have but at least 25, which is too many. My only excuse is I'm old and they have just accumulated over the years.

Are you selling the Waltz bags?

I am right there with you. I too am "older", a grandmother, who has 43 years of buying LV's, mostly runway models. The Macha is petite and the interior lining is quite a bit smaller than the bag. For that reason, the Macha has been used very seldom - special dinners, weddings, funerals & the like. My Oskar has been a GREAT travel bag in that it is voluminous and holds so much, essential when flying! With age, I'm switching to ultra light weight nylon luggage with little or no charm - sad, just sad!

I am right there with you. I too am "older", a grandmother, who has 43 years of buying LV's, mostly runway models. The Macha is petite and the interior lining is quite a bit smaller than the bag. For that reason, the Macha has been used very seldom - special dinners, weddings, funerals & the like. My Oskar has been a GREAT travel bag in that it is voluminous and holds so much, essential when flying! With age, I'm switching to ultra light weight nylon luggage with little or no charm - sad, just sad!
The seller took my offer. The baby is coming my way. I hope it's good.

• Love
Reactions: Classy&Fab