BV - Which one to be the first one

Sweetea- here is my large chocolate woven hobo. Hope this helps w/your decision. I fell in love w/it the first time when I saw a lady at the airport. The leather was to die for. My bag is pretty new, so I'm supposed to expect the color to turn a bit darker and it's supposed to become more slouchy and droop a bit more. That's what the bag I saw looked like and that's what the SA said as well. The satchel in the tan color is lovely as well. I just thought the hobo would be a great basic to start a BV collection. Eventually, I hope I get a satchel style from BV, just not this year!

Attachments

• bottega.JPG
    bottega.JPG
    23 KB · Views: 47
bella1 said:
Sweetea- here is my large chocolate woven hobo. Hope this helps w/your decision. I fell in love w/it the first time when I saw a lady at the airport. The leather was to die for. My bag is pretty new, so I'm supposed to expect the color to turn a bit darker and it's supposed to become more slouchy and droop a bit more. That's what the bag I saw looked like and that's what the SA said as well. The satchel in the tan color is lovely as well. I just thought the hobo would be a great basic to start a BV collection. Eventually, I hope I get a satchel style from BV, just not this year!

That is a beauty ! I say go for the hobo in yummy chocolate :love: :love:

bella1 said:

Nice picture! It has given me a new appreciation for the brown:nuts:

bella1 said:

Very nice pic! Thanks bella1! Love that choco brown hobo you carry. I think you are right about the hobo would be a great basic to start a BV collection. Now I have to decide the color though..sigh. Choco brown, hazelnut? ot other color? What do you think about the hazelnut color like the one in the first pic I posted? Is that color year round color? I got the regular spy in choco brown..so I don't want to get the same color.

I think the lighter brown (hazelnut is it called?) is GORGEOUS. If you already have a dark brown color, I'd recommend you to buy the lighter one. They had it in stock at NYC BV on 5th avenue in the large hobo. You can definitely tell the quality of the leather on the lighter brown. Eventually, I want something in that color as well and one in white. I think those three colors are the nicest for BV woven. I have a woven long wallet as well. I had walked in w/an intention of buying a black wallet (since easier to maintain). But I almost bought the hazelnut one, until my hubby and the SA reminded me that I came in for a black. :shame:

bella1 said:
I think the lighter brown (hazelnut is it called?) is GORGEOUS. If you already have a dark brown color, I'd recommend you to buy the lighter one. They had it in stock at NYC BV on 5th avenue in the large hobo. You can definitely tell the quality of the leather on the lighter brown. Eventually, I want something in that color as well and one in white. I think those three colors are the nicest for BV woven. I have a woven long wallet as well. I had walked in w/an intention of buying a black wallet (since easier to maintain). But I almost bought the hazelnut one, until my hubby and the SA reminded me that I came in for a black. :shame:

:lol: That's sounds like me when I come something and go home with something else! Unless someone reminds me why I am there for.

Thanks for the info and the suggestion Bella! Do you have the number for NYC BV?? I would appreciate it if you could give me the # that's if you have it handy with you. Thanks dear..

Sweetea, your welcome- Ask for the SA named Ryan Palian. He was very very sweet. I couldn't decide what I wanted for the wallet, and he literally opened up ALL the drawers where they kept the wallet and took out all the different styles for me. Just for the black, there were 7 different black long wallets! And I asked him to show me the hobo, asked to bring out a new one and I sat there contemplating and deciding...and he was really really patient and very friendly about the whole thing. The number is 212-371-5511. He should be working tomorrow, b/c I went on a Saturday.

bella1 said:
Sweetea, your welcome- Ask for the SA named Ryan Palian. He was very very sweet. I couldn't decide what I wanted for the wallet, and he literally opened up ALL the drawers where they kept the wallet and took out all the different styles for me. Just for the black, there were 7 different black long wallets! And I asked him to show me the hobo, asked to bring out a new one and I sat there contemplating and deciding...and he was really really patient and very friendly about the whole thing. The number is 212-371-5511. He should be working tomorrow, b/c I went on a Saturday.

Thank you so much bella!!! I will give him a call tomorrow!

You crack me up with your story :lol: :lol: . It reminded me when I was really young I used to go shopping with my mom and my mom would feel embarrassed because I did the same thing like you and the SA would pull everything out for me to pick that one thing I was looking for.:biggrin:

Hey Sweetea,

I went shopping tonight--looked closely at the BV's at Nordy's... The satchel that you like is attractive in the hazelnut/nut/walnut/tan/
noche color (my understanding is that they're all the same color even though everyone calls them different names) It didn't fit on my shoulder very well and I felt like I was squishing it too much...

The hobo is beautiful and really makes the woven aspect of the bag stand out. I think if this is your first BV, the hobo is a good place to start. If you already have a lot of hobo bags and don't mind having a non-shoulder purse, considering the satchel. Hope that helps a little...

Thanks for checking things for me wicked! I think for my first BV I am going to get either the hobo tan or the ball bag in tan or whichever one looks best on me. I really appreciate all honest opinions and advices from my fella bag addicts! Woohooo let's see what happen next.:love:

I love this bag. Someone has it in their collection. It comes in white or brown. Cervo Cocker bag Nice.
E0434924689551_v1_m56577569831195943.jpg