buying from OS and shipping to Australia??? import fees?

Can anyone pls help me?

I’ve bought a bag from Fashionphile in the US and am in Australia. I received an SMS from UPS asking for pre payment of taxes import duty etc - didn’t know if it was a scam so sent the SMS to UPS who said it WAS - even tho the text had a full description of the item I’ve bought.

Now Fashionphile page says my bag is waiting in Sydney for payment of duties but UPS said SMS was a scam...

I’ve emailed Fashionphile twice but no response....

Please help

TIA

Can anyone pls help me?

I’ve bought a bag from Fashionphile in the US and am in Australia. I received an SMS from UPS asking for pre payment of taxes import duty etc - didn’t know if it was a scam so sent the SMS to UPS who said it WAS - even tho the text had a full description of the item I’ve bought.

Now Fashionphile page says my bag is waiting in Sydney for payment of duties but UPS said SMS was a scam...

Please help

TIA

Why don't you call UPS direct and ask them if duties need to be paid. Or if you have a tracking number, check it and usually it will say "awaiting duties".
More than likely duties need to be paid since your bag was purchased overseas.
I haven't had anything shipped from UPS lately, but both DHL and Fedex will ask for duties via email and phone.

Reactions: Oakfield
Can anyone pls help me?

Please help

TIA
When I purchased a bag from the US, I received a similar text from DHL. They won’t release your bag until the duties and taxes are paid. I paid them and had no problems, bag was released and delivered the next day.

Reactions: Roie55
Can anyone pls help me?

Please help

TIA
i've bought from fashionphile and got the same text - i just paid according to details in the text and it was fine. Its wierd they do this over text and not email. But its legit. You'll be fine,
Sometimes these taxes are paid at checkout on some websites, like some ebay sellers, some are added in the price of the item. Now i know why it has been impossible to find better priced Chanel in Australian pages, we have all had to paid crazy import fees.

i've bought from fashionphile and got the same text - i just paid according to details in the text and it was fine. Its wierd they do this over text and not email. But its legit. You'll be fine,
Sometimes these taxes are paid at checkout on some websites, like some ebay sellers, some are added in the price of the item. Now i know why it has been impossible to find better priced Chanel in Australian pages, we have all had to paid crazy import fees.
Hello! What was the import tax percentage you had to pay !? Was there any government fees or only import tax please !???