Buying a Cartier Love Bracelet in the Caribbean

Update for anyone planning a trip to Aruba.
just purchased the small WG love bracelet with 4 diamonds for $7,050.No additional discounts and no tax. As I’m from Canada, it was a savings of $800 for me (our taxes are brutal). Staff was great, but I didn’t receive a cleaning kit though. I actually just found out about this after. If I had known, I would have asked lol.
Congratulations! That's a pretty nice saving :smile: I am thinking of buying my next bracelet at the CDG airport duty free :smile:

Reactions: apple_28
I'm torn between waiting for my trip to the Bahamas in May to buy a small love bracelet tax-free or buying it here in the states ahead of the price increase. If the increase is about 6% as the rumors say, it would still be cheaper to buy the bracelet abroad as the sales tax in NY where I live is over 8%. But if I wait, I run the risk of not finding the bracelet in my size and having to buy it back in the states at the increased price. Anybody care to weigh in?

I'm torn between waiting for my trip to the Bahamas in May to buy a small love bracelet tax-free or buying it here in the states ahead of the price increase. If the increase is about 6% as the rumors say, it would still be cheaper to buy the bracelet abroad as the sales tax in NY where I live is over 8%. But if I wait, I run the risk of not finding the bracelet in my size and having to buy it back in the states at the increased price. Anybody care to weigh in?
You declare the item when returning to the US and pay the taxes then. So, you should buy it in NY.

Reactions: jpark2 and TC1
I had the same dilemma with the JUC. I grabbed it ahead of time (last Friday) because the increase could be more than my tax of 5%. I was also going to wait but thought what if I get there and they don't have my size or color? I figure if I know for sure I want it, I would just grab it before the increase.

Reactions: jpark2
I didn't realize I would have to declare the item. That makes the decision easy. Thank you.
Yes, I believe the allowable duty free is only $200, $800 or $1600 depending on your time outside the country. The rest would be subject to duty and taxes. IIRC
ETA for us Canadians visiting the US it's only $800 after 48 hours..which is why I can never buy much (LOL) oh, that and the current exchange rate :amazed:

Reactions: jpark2

There's no guarantee they'll have the item in stock.

Reactions: jpark2 and Loriad