Burberry Street. Burberry takes over Bond Street to celebrate #LondonFashionWeek

Here's a BOF interview with Daniel and Tim about the new spring collection:

Screenshot 2023-09-18 at 7.29.17 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-09-18 at 7.29.29 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-09-18 at 7.29.37 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-09-18 at 7.29.46 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-09-18 at 7.29.58 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-09-18 at 7.30.07 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-09-18 at 7.30.15 AM.png

Interesting to note the celebration of Savile Row and tailoring. And it sounds like he's reverent of Christopher Bailey's time at Burberry.

Link to Livestream:

Screenshot 2023-09-18 at 7.29.58 AM.png

• Insightful
Reactions: sunshineshiney
Personally,I am confused, the first Burberry stand-alone store was in the Haymarket ('Our History', Burberry) so why they decided to 'steal' Bond St (that belongs to many other brands that actually have historical routes in the road) is beyond me.

Obviously, they didn't want to upset anyone (and by anyone, I mean The Palace) by turning Green Park into Burberry Park.

from the DM

Screenshot 2023-09-18 at 19.53.05.png
street

I liked the SS24 show, but I have almost everything. Hip-focus jackets/coats, 70s-does-30s dresses, printed silks, printed trenches, block-heel loafers...

I can see Bailey had a hand in it (obviously keeping a low profile - but he is a major shareholder).

I would have liked some of the key themes from AW23 reoccur for next year (24). I don't think it's fashionable not to show continuance Trents and trans-seasonal pieces anymore. Seasonal clear-outs are no longer relevant in a world that is totally on-board with sustainability.

I was flabbergasted when I saw this. I know public transport in London doesn't swim in money and heavily relies on ads, but this is just beyond disrespectful to the passengers. Wasn't it obvious to whomever thought this up that many of the people who don't use the underground often would be utterly confused when the Bond street station they needed to arrive to suddenly disappeared and got replaced with a completely new station they never heard of? Why not just change the color of the circle to this new Burberry blue and maybe add the logo or something like that?

I love the gabardine tailoring (doesn’t pick up cat fur lol), plus they do very small sizes, although tbh for the same price I could probably go to a bespoke tailor..

I’ll go and look in the Spring-I May shop..it was one of my preferred shows to be honest..although I’m not a fan of Burberry check so glad he didn’t use that..

I love the gabardine tailoring (doesn’t pick up cat fur lol), plus they do very small sizes, although tbh for the same price I could probably go to a bespoke tailor..

I’ll go and look in the Spring-I May shop..it was one of my preferred shows to be honest..although I’m not a fan of Burberry check so glad he didn’t use that..
What about the check scarf?
slide_19.jpg