Burberry Shoes - Comfortable?

my.angiee

Aug 13, 2009
So I was thinking of purchasing the Burberry Buckled Platform Sandals in black but I was just wondering for those who have any Burberry shoes. Are they generally comfortable? Considering the fact that I don't wear heels very often, I thought the pair would look great in the summer with jeans but I'm so scared of walking in pain. So for anybody who owns similar platform heels or pumps from Burberry, are they comfortable and good for a day of walking?

Thanks guys! =]

http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/81330 I want them in black but I can only find the grey ones =[

i have several pairs of burberry shoes - wedges, pair of platforms and some flats each pair is SUPER comfortable and i love them! i can seriously wear each pair all day and my feet don't hurt so i would highly recommend burberry shoes!! those shoes are super cute!!

I can't speak for the shoes that you have your eyes on, as I don't own them, but here are my thoughts:

- I like platform shoes not just because they give me a bit more height than regular heels, but because they provide more "cushioning" between my feet and the ground. Of course, that also depends on what the platform is made of - a block of wood is bound to be more painful than a softer material.

- I like leather shoes, or at least quality leather shoes, because if you have wide feet (as I do), the leather will stretch out slightly to accommodate your feet with wear. Alternatively, you can take them to a good cobbler if you need a bit more work done.

- I noticed that the shoes you linked to are 5" in heel height, with a 1.5" platform. That means the "actual" heel height (i.e. how much your feet will actually be lifted) is 3.5". I don't know your shoe size, but I personally have small feet, so I generally don't wear heels that are more than 3". If you have larger feet, you might be okay with 3.5".

- Since you say you don't wear heels very often, you may want to start practicing now! I certainly wouldn't instantly throw these shoes on and then take them out for a day-long walk, especially since the heels are relatively skimpy, and you may have trouble balancing at first. But with practice and time, you might be able to achieve your goal. :smile:

I have a few pairs of Burberry flats. If they are slingbacks I recommend going one size up. Burberry flats with elastic backs like the quilted ones are the kind I find to be most comfortable. My other checked Burberry flats I went half a size up in and inserted Doctor Scholls gel insoles into to make more comfy.

I find that if they don't have elastic backs that the soles tend to be harder and therefore they tend to be less comfortable. However, they are good quality.

Attachments

• Burberry Flats.pdf
    508.5 KB · Views: 136
I have 3 pairs of Burberry shoes but they're all flats so I can't speak for heels. However, my flats are so comfortable, I live in all 3 of them year round. I did find the sizes are a bit tricky. I am normally a size 8 and Burberry size 38 is too big but 37 is too small so I had to go with the 38's and put insoles in them.

I purchased the Burberry White Leather Arthur Sneakers. I wanted all white sneakers, that would be comfortable and durable for travel. I figured that the leather would make them ultra comfortable. However, I wore them for the first time and was somewhat disappointed, since they hurt as I walked and I got a few blisters, even though I wore thick socks. I believe it is due to the hard rubber surrounding the exterior of the shoe. Nonetheless, these shoes are of good quality and are very rigid (the rubber captoe almost feels as hard as a steel toe boots ).
For reference, I typically wear size 36-37 (depending on the shoe and brand). I own a size 37 women and they fit slightly bigger (.5 perhaps).
20230416_180040.jpg

20230416_180020.jpg

Reactions: WillstarveforLV