Burberry Serial Numbers

Kathrynk69

JavaGirl
Mar 24, 2008
Hello, My name is Kathryn, and I am new to your forum.......now that I have joined, and came out of lurking mode, I will prolly get a little chatty, so beware....*wink*

Anyhoo......I have a question for you experts!

I have not purchased a Burberry yet......I am getting ready to purchase my first one, and still searching....(I own Gucci, Coach, Dooney and Bourke, and of course, Louis Vuitton)

I am looking at a Burbeery bucket style (Nova Check) bag......it has feet on the bottom, and black lining inside that says Burberry everywhere.....it also has the metal Burberry hangtag.....The seller is selling a few other bags (not many) and the look authentic......I wrote her and asked for a pic of the serial number, and she wrote back and said that this particular line does not have serial numbers.......

Does that sound right? Is there anything else I should look for? She guarantees authenticity......but I am not sure about the serial number thing......

Thanks for any advice ahead of time......:smile::confused1:

Hi and welcome!
not every Burberry bag has a serial number, so my advice is to post some pictures of the bag you're interested in along with the Ebay auction's link in the Authenticate this Burberry section, so we can give a look to it.

Well, The seller did reply to me yesterday, and told me that this bag was purchased at Burberry's in New York......I wrote her back today, to confirm if she has a money back guarantee for Authenticity.....she writes me back just now and said "Kathryn, all I can tell you is my mother purchased this bag in Paris, France and paid the equivolent of $900 dollars...I am selling it for her"......Uh huh, yeeah, right! (Did she forget that just yesterday she told me that "the bag was purchased at Burberry's in NYC?) In other words, she does not know jack about this bag......I will not purchase!! Geesh, she should keep up with what she tells people!!!

Reactions: Arizawildcat
Hi and welcome!
not every Burberry bag has a serial number, so my advice is to post some pictures of the bag you're interested in along with the Ebay auction's link in the Authenticate this Burberry section, so we can give a look to it.
Hi I purchased Burberry. How can I tell if a real Burberry. It’s a crossbody. With serial numbers on the snap hardware. It has Burberry inside the opening flap. Any help would be appreciated.