Bubbling on canvas?any repair ideas?

Rosyposycozy

Jun 6, 2012
Hello everyone, this is my first time on the repair forum so forgive me if I am posting incorrectly. I purchased a Gucci Boston bag with a tattoo decal on ebay and the heart has a bubbling spot right in the center. I saw this happen to a Burberry bag that I also purchased on ebay and I had to return it. I thought of maybe giving it some heat with my steamer and trying to press the bubble back down in hopes that it would flatten but I'm afraid I might damage it. It's like a coated canvas material. Has anybody experienced this? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated :smile:

I dont have any canvas bag but think I should give my 2 cents... The bubble is formed by a certain amount of air trapped between layers of the bag so you need to find a way to get rid of air before being able to press it down. I would suggest using a needle to gently poke the inside of the bag where the bubble is to release air then try steamer and press it down. If you are confident, may be you can use some light glue to inject into the hole that you just poked to release air. Just a very very tiny amount thou.

Again, I have not done this because I have never owned a canvas bag but this is what I would do. Common sense :smile: hope you will be able to fix it!

If you do, be careful about the glue you choose. I had a Longchamp pliage, the cover part of leather handles peeled and I put some glue under it to fix it, but it just made it even worse! Some chemicals were obviously ment to eachother...