Botox - Anyone done it?

If there is anyone who really wants to learn about injectables make an appointment at a Plastic Surgeon's office. Most time, consultations are free.

You can consult you can look at photos, learn about the product, ask questions, etc.

There are many of us here who have had personal experiences and each one of us will say, "My doc is one of the best, yadda yadda".

Truth is - there are many great docs and there are many great products available. Costs will vary depending on the doc and your location, period.

Costs will vary based on how much product you desire to achieve the results you want.

Most docs have websites these days, where you can see photos, then go to the AMA site and other Board Certified sites to check a doc's credentials. Also, you can go to the Botox website to find a doc that is "authorized" to perform injections. See, it is much like buying a purse. There is all sorts of homework one can do.

Good luck -

Loganz I love your BM photo shoot! I really love the progressively happier facial expressions you have, ranging from a duller, unsmiling "darn i have trouble spots " look to slightly perkier with each photo and then finally smiling, full makeup "I look great!" expression! And you do! Thanks for that thread!

i agree with janice & think botox only looks good if it's done right...it's also a little scarey since it's derived from botulism...i know it's supposed to be 100% safe if you get it from a good doc...but i guess i'm just a little paranoid about that kind of thing :wondering ...it's a very personal decision & it's okay to have your own opinion...i don't think any type of plastic surgery is for me...but my little sister got a nose job & it's made her so much happier :smile:

I've had botox. I have 3 "furrow" lines between my eyebrows, the one on the left being the worst. When I am tired they are obvious. Botox softened them considerably and I don't look as tired or angry. I will continue to do it.
I will keep my crows feet, I just don't like vertical lines in the middle of my forehead!!:shame:

Yep I get botox regularly. It takes about 3 days to start seeing the effects and then around 7 days to actually see the full effect. I get really small dosages so that I can still frown if I need to, but it has softened my growing creases lol.

I love love love it. I might get my crows feet done at the end of this year as they aren't too bad just yet, but I can see them coming! lol. Anyway, I'm 35 and got my first shot last month. I still have a bit of that 'strange' feeling which I can't really explain, but it's a big strange. it doesn't hurt, but you can feel it. does that make sense? LOL.

Anyone do either of these? I never wanted to even consider doing these things, but now as the years go on I'm thinking how nice it is that there are these simple procedures that can be done.

I'm not 100% on the lip injections because I can live with my lips; it was just a thought. But what's that like, is it really painful? How many times a year?

But the Botox is what really interests me. What age do people usually start to have this done, anyway? I understand that's something people get done 1,2 or 3 times a year? It probably isn't excruciating, right?

Just curious; I've only just recently opened my eyes to these things.

I have done both.

Botox - I got injections in my forehead, chin, and between eyebrow area for over a year. I would get injections every 4 months.

I have not gotten any injections in my forhead area for more than 8 months because my mother told me my forehead was looking thick. lol - (botox injections do NOT hurt - and I still go every 4 months for my shot of 8 units in my chin).

The good news, the botox did permamently (for now permament) relax some of my deeper forehead/eyebrow area wrinkles - so in the end it worked out real well for me.

I would and will probably go for more botox down the road, but, right now I don't need to. I am 33 BTW.

I have done restylane in my lip borders for a year now. It is VERY Painful!!! So painful in fact, that I am overdue for more and not going. LOL!!

I have heard incredible things about Juvederm and if/when I go back to my doc's office I will probably get Juvederm injected instead, it lasts longer, and is less painful due to it's consistency.

I turned my mother on to botox and restylane and now she is going every 5 months. I think it is a little thing that REALLY takes years off your face - or just gives you a different look. It is affordable and you can control how big or little your changes will be!

Always. go to a reputable doc's office to get your injections.

Great info Loganz!

My mother gets botoxed and I will in the future, if I need it.

BUT I was really thinking of having my upper lip plumped up. But as I cant stand needles or pain (I mean Im not terrible...I DID have lipo done!...but I prefere to avoid pain realy!) I have never had the guts to!

Do they not do some sort of anesthetic or numbing agent to help the pain?
Plus does anyone know about the different lip injectibles? Do they differ in result?

The last time I had my lips done they gave me a full dental block - lots of anesthetic - that by itself hurts, and then you can't feel half your face for 3 hours; nevermind trying to talk, smile, or act human.

In the end, I prefer no local anesthetic because I hate being numb.

The different injectables do offer different results. Some opinions will differ but restylane was most often used for augmentation because it is easy to mold, has no allergic reactions, and offers good plumping. With the introduction of Juvederm, which is also a hyalauronic acid, but is silkier, and lasts longer than restylane, I believe juvederm will soon replace restylane as the filler of choice.

My Doc's office is offering juvederm for $525-575 a cc. One syringe (1 cc) can augment both the upper and lower lip.

There are other fillers, such as cosmoplast (which is derived from rooster testicles) and has a numbing agent in the product. Cosmoplast is not for deep wrinkles, nor does it offer a lot of plumping, plus its mechanism of action is shorter than restylane or juvederm.

Restylane - results do dissipate after 4-5 months.
Juvederm - results said to last up to 9 months. WOW!!!

you can do a lot of research on these and other fillers by going to a Plastic surgeon's website. If you want to reference my doc's site -

Colorado Cosmetic Surgery by Denver Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Squires go to skin therapy - and then injections. you will see a listing of the different injectables. I don't think he has info up yet on Juvederm - but, they have their own website - I googled it and it came up.

Thanks for the info!
I am going to look into Juvederm (9months!!!! thats worth the pain!).

About cosmoplast- it sounds a little yucky to say the least. But I will still look into it. The numbing agent in it is very interesting. As I want a very subtle plump this may be something I should consider.

Again, thanks! Time for me to read up!