Botched Rhinoplasty April31 Plastic Surgery Clinic

Some ppl tend to subconsciously decide on something and make it a definite so when you see an opinion that doesn’t align with ur notion your conscious mind re-affirms your “definite” by speaking it out loud so ur brain doesn’t have to deal with the mathematics. I said all that to say: Feel free to go there then. Have a nice day xx

@chanelsaint sent you a DM~ please take a look :heart:

Ok so I photos of result of Dr. Jin and she was unhappy, I too agree that the result was unsatisfactory, I think you should consult with Dr. Jin because he has good information, BUT- although most of his patients are happy, please also keep in mind that he has unhappy patients, I was surprised he did someone's nose and the nose was uneven (i think because of the nostrils looking incorrect which was the complaint, and yes she will need a revision to fix it). He also told me some things that would be difficult for him for my case (nostrils), and his vibe was just sort of unhumble but not in a bad way, I thought it was entertaining, but anyway I took all of that as a red flag that he couldn't give me all of what I wanted. Still consult with him but keep in mind that he may not be able to give all of what you want if it's not primary. If it's a primary I think his price is high and he doesn't do tipwork like that- he's conservative and the people I've seen going to him have a very minimal difference tbh unless it was like a severe contracture or infection case. Autologous options: Dr Jin is a safe option (cash only though and he is overworked for his age)- I believe if you unhappy he will give you revision and that he is ethical, but the patient I was referring to above is yet to have her case resolved/surery date set, Dr. Kim at Eightps because I know he is ethical and he's closer to his 30s so he knows what looks hot- he's a locals dr and chinese girls go there, and Dr. Im at VG (Dr. Im is sort of high but he has a lot of experience so you can use me as ur referral if u do f2f and want the price to go down). Try SURES and JAYJUN as well- I think their doctors are good- the doctor at SURES is sweet/nice. Dr. Cho at KoKo is very good but you have to bring a translator, the price is high lol but he knows what he is doing- my only issue with him is that the staff don't speak english, if you have a local friend or referral you can get a lowered price. Jin is definitely not your only option. All have their own clinic except for Jayjun which is probably a pimp clinic like the rest of them that aren't owned by the doctors, but the doctor is sweet, so you can put that one last on your list for ****s and giggles. There's one clinic I don't think you should go to and that's a big building with multiple floors- I forgot the name of it but I know the pimps own it and they pimp out the doctors and park lambos outside, and may have paid someone's family off after a patient death during surgery- it's in apgujeong. Hope that helps!
Hey @chanelsaint I'm looking into local fc clinics at came across VG, and I see the Dr. Im does nose and fc. I haven't found many reviews of him here in tpf but the clinic has lots of reviews on bbt and gu. Although I love his results, I'm a little worried because he did use to work for Grand PS and as someone who came into the ps scene only this year, I don't know if he has some hidden negative reviews or botches hidden in his past career at Grand. Since you seem to know of him, can I ask you what your opinion is of him and why you recommend him? Also, do you think he might be good for fc like you think he's good for rhino?

Thanks girl :heart:

Wow, I am literally dumbfounded reading this thread since I actually had few surgeries at April 31 myself quite some years ago. First of all, I'm sincerely sorry for what happened to you and what you had to go through.
I feel lucky that nothing that severe has happened to me but I did have a slight unpleasant experience with the clinic as well. As I mentioned, I did few things at April(including rhinoplasty) little more than 5 years ago and everything seemed smooth first. I had little concerns or sudden rush of worries and questions during the recovery while and after my stay in Korea but luckily I was pretty thoroughly answered and reassured by Brian, the consultant (then) who literally was about 50% of the reason I went with the clinic from the start. I know some will call me stupid for this but he knew about the surgeries(surgical techniques and anatomy behind it!) and spent good time explaining all the details and etc. When I read that he helped the doctor with his papers from this very thread, I was like surprised but not surprised. The thing is, he disappeared after about 5 months(I remember the timing very clearly because it was toward the time of my next visit/6th month mark for follow ups and maintenance) and I started getting LESS RESPONSIBILITIES. I was treated like an already caught fish and they were more(if not only) interested in the procedures I would get than the surgeries I already have gotten from them. Since it was quite a few surgeries I got from there, I was to get all these "VIP aftercare treatments" as well but I wasn't welcomed at all. I don't really care about VIP treatments actually, but I still had some concerns regarding the result. I was about 80% happy with the aesthetic result actually but things like ; ie. more obvious asymmetry of the face after the surgeries really freaked me out at one point but I couldn't really get any answers from them besides "I will get back to you" until Brian came back in the picture and got me the suitable treatments. He just explained that it was due to the uneven speed of de-swelling but since it is taking extra longer than usual for me and to reassure me, he got me 3 sessions of de-swelling treatments FROM April(and from another place) that I couldn't get before him! See? It wasn't such a hard thing to do? Sometimes what the patient really needs is just professional insights and reassurance. My asymmetry problem went away with time as he said! I was told that he had health issues and had to be hospitalized for a while. When he found out about how I was mistreated(well.. I complained to him even though I knew he wasn't working there anymore. lol), he actually fought for me and got me the after-care and treatments! (first April was trying to make me pay for them! Brian helped me get it free).
So my complaint on the clinic may not be about the surgical skills but I still believe these are very important criteria to be considered especially for foreigners like us. Ethics. Morals. Responsibilities. I have been visiting Korea 1~2 times every year since then until the breakout of this pandemic situation and have spent quite some money on more procedures(if no necessary surgeries, I at least get some light treatments, jabs, maintenance stuff and etc.). And not even a penny from that money went to April 31 when actually most of it could've been theirs. On the other hand, I still talk to Brian and about 6 of my friends went to him for their ps trips to Korea ever since. I write this not only for the forumers' information sake but wishing the clinic(s) to read this.

Wow, I am literally dumbfounded reading this thread since I actually had few surgeries at April 31 myself quite some years ago. First of all, I'm sincerely sorry for what happened to you and what you had to go through.
I feel lucky that nothing that severe has happened to me but I did have a slight unpleasant experience with the clinic as well. As I mentioned, I did few things at April(including rhinoplasty) little more than 5 years ago and everything seemed smooth first. I had little concerns or sudden rush of worries and questions during the recovery while and after my stay in Korea but luckily I was pretty thoroughly answered and reassured by Brian, the consultant (then) who literally was about 50% of the reason I went with the clinic from the start. I know some will call me stupid for this but he knew about the surgeries(surgical techniques and anatomy behind it!) and spent good time explaining all the details and etc. When I read that he helped the doctor with his papers from this very thread, I was like surprised but not surprised. The thing is, he disappeared after about 5 months(I remember the timing very clearly because it was toward the time of my next visit/6th month mark for follow ups and maintenance) and I started getting LESS RESPONSIBILITIES. I was treated like an already caught fish and they were more(if not only) interested in the procedures I would get than the surgeries I already have gotten from them. Since it was quite a few surgeries I got from there, I was to get all these "VIP aftercare treatments" as well but I wasn't welcomed at all. I don't really care about VIP treatments actually, but I still had some concerns regarding the result. I was about 80% happy with the aesthetic result actually but things like ; ie. more obvious asymmetry of the face after the surgeries really freaked me out at one point but I couldn't really get any answers from them besides "I will get back to you" until Brian came back in the picture and got me the suitable treatments. He just explained that it was due to the uneven speed of de-swelling but since it is taking extra longer than usual for me and to reassure me, he got me 3 sessions of de-swelling treatments FROM April(and from another place) that I couldn't get before him! See? It wasn't such a hard thing to do? Sometimes what the patient really needs is just professional insights and reassurance. My asymmetry problem went away with time as he said! I was told that he had health issues and had to be hospitalized for a while. When he found out about how I was mistreated(well.. I complained to him even though I knew he wasn't working there anymore. lol), he actually fought for me and got me the after-care and treatments! (first April was trying to make me pay for them! Brian helped me get it free).
So my complaint on the clinic may not be about the surgical skills but I still believe these are very important criteria to be considered especially for foreigners like us. Ethics. Morals. Responsibilities. I have been visiting Korea 1~2 times every year since then until the breakout of this pandemic situation and have spent quite some money on more procedures(if no necessary surgeries, I at least get some light treatments, jabs, maintenance stuff and etc.). And not even a penny from that money went to April 31 when actually most of it could've been theirs. On the other hand, I still talk to Brian and about 6 of my friends went to him for their ps trips to Korea ever since. I write this not only for the forumers' information sake but wishing the clinic(s) to read this.
thank you for sharing your story! I can't agree more on how important the post surgery care is! What if something happens after I leave Korea? What am I going to do when the clinic doesn't respond or act responsibly? I don't want to jinx anything by having too much worries or negative thoughts in advance but I am more of a preparing even for the worst type of person so I am focusing my research on not only the skills but also the ethics! Well, I just erased one off the list for sure thanks to Chanelsaint and you!

Reactions: thanku33
thank you for sharing your story! I can't agree more on how important the post surgery care is! What if something happens after I leave Korea? What am I going to do when the clinic doesn't respond or act responsibly? I don't want to jinx anything by having too much worries or negative thoughts in advance but I am more of a preparing even for the worst type of person so I am focusing my research on not only the skills but also the ethics! Well, I just erased one off the list for sure thanks to Chanelsaint and you!
You are most welcome! and Exactly! We are talking about surgeries after all, I'm asking for some professionalism and morals! Glad I could help! :smile:

Based on your post, it seems like you have quite some experiences with plastic surgery clinics in South Korea. I am planning on getting rhino and fc.(and maybe fg too) Any recommendations, please? Do you have any experience with TS or DA? Any advices will be greatly appreciated! oh and that friend, translator you mentioned, Brian. Where can I find him or how can I reach him? Thank u 33!! lol

Based on your post, it seems like you have quite some experiences with plastic surgery clinics in South Korea. I am planning on getting rhino and fc.(and maybe fg too) Any recommendations, please? Do you have any experience with TS or DA? Any advices will be greatly appreciated! oh and that friend, translator you mentioned, Brian. Where can I find him or how can I reach him? Thank u 33!! lol
It's been years since my first surgeries in Korea and already 2 years even since the very last time I've visited. So some of the doctors I liked(and disliked) have been moving around. I have most of my "major" surgeries done already but still am going on regular basis for touch ups and maintenance treatments. Oh, probably going to get some lifting down the road. Anyways, so for the minor procedures such as prp, botox, fat graft(contemplating) and etc. that are on my current list, I kind of leave it to my friend. For example, I liked the doctor who did my fc years ago but not sure where he is working now so I am going to ask my friend to find him for my this time fat graft. He has been in this business so he knows where the doctors are. It is kind of pointless for me to go for the "clinic names" at this point, I look for the doctors based on my experience, research and his advices. I know the main doctor at TS.. Dr. Lee? is quite reputable.
That friend/translator of mine told me not to share his kkt id on public when I asked him last time so.. you can pm me or send me your kkt id then I will pass it to him? Oh and if you were asking about detailed doctors' names and clinics of the surgeries I've done. I cannot say I will tell you everything 100%(bc some clinics I just don't want to talk about them. And there are a few good doctors I can tell you but not the price because Brian got me special discounts and told me not to share the number. lol) but will try to trace back my memories and help you as much as I can via pm. lol

@chanelsaint thank you so much for sharing your story for the sake of others - its given me a lot more awareness of the corrupted side of this industry…its crazy to hear this stuff on the news and first handedly see reviews of people that have unfortunate experiences like you. I can’t imagine all the trouble you had to go through with April31 after what happened…

I’m still considering Korea for my rhino revision (due to financial reasons) but Im definitely trying to do my research to avoid being scammed as a foreigner and to avoid potential risks.. I’ve been focusing my search for locally renown plastic surgery clinics and doctors…based on your extensive consultations in the past could you recommend any?! Thank you so so much and once again, truly sorry about what happened to you but know that your story is helping so many others that could easily be fooled.

It's been years since my first surgeries in Korea and already 2 years even since the very last time I've visited. So some of the doctors I liked(and disliked) have been moving around. I have most of my "major" surgeries done already but still am going on regular basis for touch ups and maintenance treatments. Oh, probably going to get some lifting down the road. Anyways, so for the minor procedures such as prp, botox, fat graft(contemplating) and etc. that are on my current list, I kind of leave it to my friend. For example, I liked the doctor who did my fc years ago but not sure where he is working now so I am going to ask my friend to find him for my this time fat graft. He has been in this business so he knows where the doctors are. It is kind of pointless for me to go for the "clinic names" at this point, I look for the doctors based on my experience, research and his advices. I know the main doctor at TS.. Dr. Lee? is quite reputable.
That friend/translator of mine told me not to share his kkt id on public when I asked him last time so.. you can pm me or send me your kkt id then I will pass it to him? Oh and if you were asking about detailed doctors' names and clinics of the surgeries I've done. I cannot say I will tell you everything 100%(bc some clinics I just don't want to talk about them. And there are a few good doctors I can tell you but not the price because Brian got me special discounts and told me not to share the number. lol) but will try to trace back my memories and help you as much as I can via pm. lol
Thank you for sharing you insights and story as well @thanku33 !! Do you have any experiences with locally renown clinics as well since you’ve been going to Korea regularly for treatments?! I would be really interested in connecting with your friend Brian… just out of curiosity, does he still work with April31 then? Maybe I missed that in your context… would you feel comfortable sharing Brian’s contact with me via dm? Thanks so much and I hope we can connect further!

Thank you for sharing you insights and story as well @thanku33 !! Do you have any experiences with locally renown clinics as well since you’ve been going to Korea regularly for treatments?! I would be really interested in connecting with your friend Brian… just out of curiosity, does he still work with April31 then? Maybe I missed that in your context… would you feel comfortable sharing Brian’s contact with me via dm? Thanks so much and I hope we can connect further!
You are welcome, julesmule. :smile: And do you mean locally renown clinics for my regular treatments? For these minimal procedures, he basically brings me to petit procedure specialized "centers" that all locals go to. Much cheaper than getting them from plastic surgery clinics. Oh, I am talking about some IV jabs or laser treatments only. Not anything heavier like fat graft.
No, he has left the clinic long time ago but still helped me and fought against the clinic for me when I had trouble with the clinic some time after he left. I recently gave his ID to two people and he actually said to me "stop pimping me". lol Would it still work for you if I give your ID to him? I mean I don't think I am forcing him or anything if it happens that way? You can DM me your kkt ID then I will pass it to him for you asap. I would love to help more but I'm afraid that's as much as I can be involved.
Yes, connecting, chatting more will be lovely! :smile:

You are welcome, julesmule. :smile: And do you mean locally renown clinics for my regular treatments? For these minimal procedures, he basically brings me to petit procedure specialized "centers" that all locals go to. Much cheaper than getting them from plastic surgery clinics. Oh, I am talking about some IV jabs or laser treatments only. Not anything heavier like fat graft.
No, he has left the clinic long time ago but still helped me and fought against the clinic for me when I had trouble with the clinic some time after he left. I recently gave his ID to two people and he actually said to me "stop pimping me". lol Would it still work for you if I give your ID to him? I mean I don't think I am forcing him or anything if it happens that way? You can DM me your kkt ID then I will pass it to him for you asap. I would love to help more but I'm afraid that's as much as I can be involved.
Yes, connecting, chatting more will be lovely! :smile:
I've sent you a pm! Much appreciation in advance! :smile: