Booking a spot before visiting korea or in korea?

Most people would recommend that you get the face-to-face consultation to assess the surgeons and the ambiance of the clinic prior to selection of clinic for surgery.

If you're on a time crunch, I would advise to pay for the deposit towards a specific surgery date so that you don't risk not having the surgery within the time window that you are looking to have the surgery completed.

I paid deposit in advance and had my spot guaranteed (even after I added on another procedure that made my surgery a full-day event). I had originally only 9 days in Korea but ended up staying about 12 days total for BA, DA, Rhino, and facial fat transfer.

Paying the deposit also reduces anxiety and chance of not getting the date you want.

No way am I putting a deposit down if I havent picked a place yet. I have 5 clinics on my list so it doesn't make sense to put a deposit on all 5. Imagine if 4 out of the 5 doesn't refund me the deposit how much money would be down the drain. I am arriving soon for consultation appointments and eventually surgery with a flexible ticket so I can change my departure date to fit my surgerical schedule better.

I’m just confused how long do I need to stay in SK from going to consultation on day 1 until i get my actual surgeries (face contour, chin, rhino) and maybe need post op check up? Is 2weeks gonna be enough? I’m just worried bookinh flights and hotels but then I don’t know how long will i need to be there.. help

I’m just confused how long do I need to stay in SK from going to consultation on day 1 until i get my actual surgeries (face contour, chin, rhino) and maybe need post op check up? Is 2weeks gonna be enough? I’m just worried bookinh flights and hotels but then I don’t know how long will i need to be there.. help

You can ask your clinic for the recommended total South Korea stay. They would have a better sense of the required days post-surgery date.

I'm not certain as to facial contour post-op requirements but for breast augmentation it's 10 days.

Did you already put in a deposit for a specific clinic or are you going in on Day 1 to a few clinics for consultations? If you didn't put in a deposit for a specific clinic I would also put in at least 2 business days to be safe.

If you are flying from North America, you lose 2 days (10 hours for flight and timezone change) for the flight to South Korea.

2 weeks will be pretty tight for your surgeries. If anything, I would just extend your stay if all else fails. Hotels are getting busier this time of the year too so you might just have to move hotels if it happens to be fully booked after your allotted stay.

Oh thanks for the reply,.
i’ll be coming in September, i think it’s not busy season isn’t it? I’m not sure.. from Australia so i was planning to book 14nights stay but I haven’t got clinic yet, im still asking to a few clinics by online consultation so far.. i actually wanna go to dance class tour on day 1 before i get surgery lol im a fan of 1million dance studio but anyway..
Yeah i have to really find the clinic first now and ask how long exactly i need to stay..
I hope i could get all surgeries in 1 clinic, but the more i read reviews, the more i think that maybe i need more than 1 clinic, like for example rhino is best in this A clinic but then the other is better in that B clinic so I’m still very confused.. @_@

Reactions: miami7351
i’ll be coming in September, i think it’s not busy season isn’t it? I’m not sure.. from Australia so i was planning to book 14nights stay but I haven’t got clinic yet, im still asking to a few clinics by online consultation so far.. i actually wanna go to dance class tour on day 1 before i get surgery lol im a fan of 1million dance studio but anyway..
Yeah i have to really find the clinic first now and ask how long exactly i need to stay..
I hope i could get all surgeries in 1 clinic, but the more i read reviews, the more i think that maybe i need more than 1 clinic, like for example rhino is best in this A clinic but then the other is better in that B clinic so I’m still very confused.. @_@

Paid my deposit before I came to SK. I had 10 full days post op after BA and it was pretty tight schedule for me. I had my consultation and pre op checks immediately the next day after landing. Then surgery day immediately after that (BA, rhino, DES, fat graft). My final post op check was done ahead of time (10 days post op) so that I could leave sooner than 14 days post op because I would have already been out of the country for 13 days.

Something I haven’t seen anyone bring up is how doctors will likely not let you go under general or sedation anesthesia more than once a week and in some cases once a month.

If you split up your surgeries it is something to keep in mind that you may be denied the operation at the second clinic if youve already been under sedation or general once before.

Hopefully that gives you some more context. Good luck with your planning!

hi @rniki , i'm also going to korea this september! How were you able to book the main doctor? Which surgeries are you doing? I wanted to book the head doctor dr. kim, but they said that they won't offer any discounts with him. Did they give you any discounts?

Paid my deposit before I came to SK. I had 10 full days post op after BA and it was pretty tight schedule for me. I had my consultation and pre op checks immediately the next day after landing. Then surgery day immediately after that (BA, rhino, DES, fat graft). My final post op check was done ahead of time (10 days post op) so that I could leave sooner than 14 days post op because I would have already been out of the country for 13 days.

Something I haven’t seen anyone bring up is how doctors will likely not let you go under general or sedation anesthesia more than once a week and in some cases once a month.

If you split up your surgeries it is something to keep in mind that you may be denied the operation at the second clinic if youve already been under sedation or general once before.

Hopefully that gives you some more context. Good luck with your planning!

okay at this point it might seem like im stalking your post or something, i just happen to follow some threads and your comments are really worth bringing up! I need to highlight this! this is a very good point which i don't see anyone mentioning here (or not that i managed to find one) regarding not being able to undergo more than one general anaesthsia. it might make sense or known to some but i definitely neglected this point.

wengielo, maybe it's just me, but if is possible, i think it would be great if you come up with a thread on something like this which would be helpful for people who are absolutely clueless. things on what you should definitely know or prep for surgery, diets, and now i understood why people do more than 1 surgery at once due to the GA. of course you are not obligated but your response so far has certainly helped!

i think it's a good point mentioned.

Hi, just piggy-backing off of this thread as I have similar concerns and can't create threads yet. (sorry if this isn't allowed ><)
I've already booked tickets for a trip to Korea for the whole month of October. I plan on getting Facial Contouring and DES and I've already created a shortlist of clinics that I'm interested in.

I haven't reached out to any clinics as of yet, as being a Korean living abroad and bringing my parents who are both native Koreans to Korea. The original plan was to consult in Korea and "pose" (?) as citizens to avoid being overcharged as foreigners.
However, the issue with the plan is the availabilities... I highly doubt a doctor would be able to perform FC soon after consultations. I'd assume many clinics would be booked out by the time I go. It's difficult for online consults well before my planned surgery as they require a phone number and I don't have a Korean number...my extended family in Korea is very against cosmetic surgery so I can't reach out to them because I'm doing it behind their back....

What should I do? Is there a way around this or should I just accept that I'll be overcharged and reach out to clinics beforehand as a foreigner. Which I don't think is fair as I don't require extra services such as a translator.

Any tips from fellow Korean diaspora?

I hope I managed to explain my situation properly;;;

You gotta visit as much as clinics for the face consultations. You gotta feel the vibe, how genuine they are, and stuff.

okay at this point it might seem like im stalking your post or something, i just happen to follow some threads and your comments are really worth bringing up! I need to highlight this! this is a very good point which i don't see anyone mentioning here (or not that i managed to find one) regarding not being able to undergo more than one general anaesthsia. it might make sense or known to some but i definitely neglected this point.

wengielo, maybe it's just me, but if is possible, i think it would be great if you come up with a thread on something like this which would be helpful for people who are absolutely clueless. things on what you should definitely know or prep for surgery, diets, and now i understood why people do more than 1 surgery at once due to the GA. of course you are not obligated but your response so far has certainly helped!

i think it's a good point mentioned.

I’m more than happy to create a thread on it so that people can compile things to know prior to thinking about getting surgeries in Korea.

There’s more precautions that I haven’t seen anyone in threads or forums mention too, such as the complications that the surgeons in Korea don’t talk about.

They focus on negatives like “visual assymtry” but nothing like embolism, edema, deep vein thrombosis, infection, etc. probably because it’s perhaps taboo to talk about.

Of course any surgery has it’s risks but planning around how to prevent issues is generally key to a healthy and fast recovery.

I’m more than happy to create a thread on it so that people can compile things to know prior to thinking about getting surgeries in Korea.

There’s more precautions that I haven’t seen anyone in threads or forums mention too, such as the complications that the surgeons in Korea don’t talk about.

They focus on negatives like “visual assymtry” but nothing like embolism, edema, deep vein thrombosis, infection, etc. probably because it’s perhaps taboo to talk about.

Of course any surgery has it’s risks but planning around how to prevent issues is generally key to a healthy and fast recovery.

Yes please do. I believe this would be very helpful information for people. I do believe while we are all on our own pursuit of our little journey, health and safety should always come first. I love all your input so far. Thanks for sharing your knowledge. ☺️

Hi, just piggy-backing off of this thread as I have similar concerns and can't create threads yet. (sorry if this isn't allowed ><)
I've already booked tickets for a trip to Korea for the whole month of October. I plan on getting Facial Contouring and DES and I've already created a shortlist of clinics that I'm interested in.

I haven't reached out to any clinics as of yet, as being a Korean living abroad and bringing my parents who are both native Koreans to Korea. The original plan was to consult in Korea and "pose" (?) as citizens to avoid being overcharged as foreigners.
However, the issue with the plan is the availabilities... I highly doubt a doctor would be able to perform FC soon after consultations. I'd assume many clinics would be booked out by the time I go. It's difficult for online consults well before my planned surgery as they require a phone number and I don't have a Korean number...my extended family in Korea is very against cosmetic surgery so I can't reach out to them because I'm doing it behind their back....

What should I do? Is there a way around this or should I just accept that I'll be overcharged and reach out to clinics beforehand as a foreigner. Which I don't think is fair as I don't require extra services such as a translator.

If is just a Korean number thing, get a korean sim card since you will likely communicate via app online? I believe you should be able to request getting earlier sugery date, like oh you'd be going abroad to study soon so you need to quickly get this done, or you managed to secure a local Korean rate, top up a little more just to get an earlier date which still put you on an edge.

The thing is I don't think needing a translator is the main reason for upcharging foreigners. They don't see why they should offer local cost to foreigners? Even in non-plastic surgery context, there's always an upcharge in medical services for foreigners in most major cities. This is usually a benefit to locals.

Reactions: justlookingggg
The head doc is even booked out until September even but I managed to get a spot with him in september
Hi! What’s your kkt id? There’s a August-September group chat with a few of people. Would be great to meet up if any of our trips overlap. Happy to add you to the group chat.

Hi , im in the same situation as you !!! I do not want to be charged foreigner price as I am korean living abroad > _ < ...did you end up getting E-consultation abroad? or will you be booking an appointment in korea?