Black or white chanel 22 bag (new east-west version)?

Hi. I know that white bag can be really scary to use without worrying, and for classic flap lamb I would say run from light colors. But the 22 is processed differently. I have regular 22 in light grey and so far have no issues with color transfer or dirt. I sprayed it over with Vectra leather protector and so far so good.
I have the light caramel one and it’s held up really nicely as well! But I do hear some horror stories with the white 22 specifically. For example the display white 22 bags are already not in good shape from being handled by customers on the floor :confused1:

• Sad
Reactions: A bottle of Red
I am sorry! I guess the next question would be whether you have any other black/ white chanel bags? Or if you have more of one color than the other...
I have many black chanel bags and one mini flap in white. Most of my bags are mini (aside from two classic flaps in medium & jumbo) but all of those rarely get used because they are not very carefree and casual. I like the 22 because it fits my daily lifestyle better

Reactions: Luvdabags
I have the light caramel one and it’s held up really nicely as well! But I do hear some horror stories with the white 22 specifically. For example the display white 22 bags are already not in good shape from being handled by customers on the floor :confused1:
If the white display ones are already not in good condition that would definitely make me hesitate to buy one

I have many black chanel bags and one mini flap in white. Most of my bags are mini (aside from two classic flaps in medium & jumbo) but all of those rarely get used because they are not very carefree and casual. I like the 22 because it fits my daily lifestyle better
All else aside, if you want a truly carefree bag then black is the best choice.

Reactions: frenchiemama
hi @luxe_lover23! i’m considering this new shape vs the original as my first c22 and i love the rectangular feel of this one, but the chain drop looks a lot shorter.

since you have both, which one is easier to use? since the chains on this are shorter, it also looks less comfortable.

also i’d vote for black! a forever classic from chanel

Reactions: frenchiemama
hi @luxe_lover23! i’m considering this new shape vs the original as my first c22 and i love the rectangular feel of this one, but the chain drop looks a lot shorter.

since you have both, which one is easier to use? since the chains on this are shorter, it also looks less comfortable.

also i’d vote for black! a forever classic from chanel
I didn’t end up getting the new version! My home boutique didn’t order them, and I can’t seem to find them anywhere else..

The chain on this one is definitely shorter, I worry it might be annoying to wear over thicker sweaters/jackets. But the leather does soften and start to sag a little which might give you more room!

Reactions: kamquatt
I didn’t end up getting the new version! My home boutique didn’t order them, and I can’t seem to find them anywhere else..

The chain on this one is definitely shorter, I worry it might be annoying to wear over thicker sweaters/jackets. But the leather does soften and start to sag a little which might give you more room!
thank you! i’ve seen quite a few on chinese social media (xhs), and when some of them style it with their coats, it does look like a tight fit.