Best Luxury Ski Gear Brands?

May 29, 2021
Hi all - checking to see if anyone has any recommendations for unique ski wear? Have a big trip planned and need everything from layers to ski suits to boots.. would love to know where the ski girls love to shop!

I love bogner, but I suppose that isn’t too original.

but fulsalp (sp?) has a helmet with an integrated googles, and I’m hoping to be able to wear glasses under them
rather than my contacts. It’s less expensive to buy it from them on line than in the boutique.

• Love
Reactions: chanellover333
I love bogner, but I suppose that isn’t too original.

but fulsalp (sp?) has a helmet with an integrated googles, and I’m hoping to be able to wear glasses under them
rather than my contacts. It’s less expensive to buy it from them on line than in the boutique.
Thanks so much - I am now going down the Fulsalp rabbit hole. So many gorgeous collabs!!

• Thanks
Reactions: 880
Just wanted to also add that I am a fan of some of chanel coco neige and dior ski, but I’m a beginner skier, and so I feel I cannot really wear the flashier stuff without looking like a jerk :smile:

• Love
Reactions: chanellover333
Just wanted to also add that I am a fan of some of chanel coco neige and dior ski, but I’m a beginner skier, and so I feel I cannot really wear the flashier stuff without looking like a jerk :smile:
Omg the Chanel!! GORGEOUS. I looked into some of the vintage ski pieces from Chanel, but I worry about buying inauthentic..

I am also a beginner and don't want to draw too much attention to myself when I fall flat!!
Bogner, Moncler, Goldbergh, but low key -- Zara has great pieces this year
Thank you! Had no idea Zara did ski wear.. Wondering if there's any major differences in affordable ski wear such as Zara vs more upscale pieces?

Not sure if anyone else has had this experience. I love wearing moncler in the city, but found it wasn’t as warm and got somewhat soggy (or at least the trim on the hood did). Also bogner pockets were better placed. (And, when I fell over, bogner did a better job of keeping me dry) But, moncler looks more polished
JMO

ETA: agree with @blushnbellinlvoe below re arc’terex. Particularly their merino wool underpinnings and thinner down? layer. But I found their ski pants made crinkly noises (or maybe that was just the pair I chose lol )

Last edited:
Reactions: blushnbellinlvoe
So probably not the most ’designer label’ but in terms of functionality Arc’teryx is my top recommendation for outdoor sports.

yes I agree with @880 that Moncler, the regular lines, are more fashion forward styles that are more suited for city wear vs on the slopes. The Grenoble line has a few pieces that are geared for more active skiing but I strongly feel the gore tex gear from Arc’teryx is the best in the industry. All of the gear from Arc’teryx is really solid and made for harsh alpine conditions. The styling and colours have gotten more stylish over the years. A lot of pieces transition easily off the slopes as well.

If you are a beginner, I would just rent your skiis and ski boots until you get more experience and figure out what works best for you. Every resort has experts on hand to help guide you in equipment rentals and related fittings. Have fun in the snow!

Last edited:
Omg the Chanel!! GORGEOUS. I looked into some of the vintage ski pieces from Chanel, but I worry about buying inauthentic..

I am also a beginner and don't want to draw too much attention to myself when I fall flat!!

Thank you! Had no idea Zara did ski wear.. Wondering if there's any major differences in affordable ski wear such as Zara vs more upscale pieces?
I bought the one piece https://www.zara.com/us/en/windproo...mpsuit-p08073032.html?v1=311292627&v2=2348490 and the quality was A+. Just as nice as my Goldbergh. NOT Zara like quality. It's a collaboration with an actual ski clothes maker, I believe. I sized up to a small (I'm between an XS and a S) and plan to pair it with a colorful Moncler vest.

I'm eyeing the red set (jacket and pants) because it seems equally as luxe. I'm hoping some of these pieces go on sale after Christmas.