Best everyday designer handbag?

1. Celine belt bag in micro - understated but classy and functional. Pro: Can be hand held, crook of the arm or shoulder carry. Have a very big zipper opening. Can be used at work too. Con: the flap closure needs getting used to.
2. Loewe Puzzle bag Medium
Pro: understated, can be worn in 5 ways, very soft. Con: Prone to sagging
3. Speedy b 30
Pro: most lightweight of them all, can be worn multiple ways, very durable, classic line
Con: Very distinguishable, not ideal for work place

I personally don’t have the 1st 2 but its on my wishlist.

Im curious to what you decide on. Good luck!

Reactions: HeatherGrace
I love YSL. My Cabas Chyc is one of my most loved and versatile bags, yet you would need to find it on the preloved market, as it is no longer made (pics below).
This one is mine:
View attachment 4677958

Stock photo:
View attachment 4677928
I also love the Chloe Marcie. There are several sizes available so be sure you try them on and order the correct one if purchasing online.

Givenchy Antigona seems far too bulky and stiff.

Lastly, have you considered the Celine micro luggage? It is so versatile, classy, durable, easy to access belongings, and holds a lot.

I feel the Speedy is overdone and monogram canvas is not a versatile look for all occasions. I use my Speedy for vacations, as it is light, durable, and easily replaceable.

Agree! Love YSL. I have the monogram cabas (similar to the Chyc) and it is so lightweight but practical. Fits a ton (even a wine bottle haha) and has a zipper plus can be crossbody or handheld. Very versatile. In love with the look too!

Givenchy Antigona. A few sizes to choose from. Very high quality. Definitely classic. Easy to dress up or down, so very versatile. Adore mine.
The Antigona isn't heavy to me, but I do have the small - which actually holds a lot. It's beautifully structured, not bulky and stiff. The leather is really high quality, and durable. No problems getting in and out of the zipper opening.
Ditto

Hi everyone,

I am looking to purchase a versatile yet classic and sophisticated designer handbag for everyday use. I already have LV Neverfull and Artsy along with Gucci disco bag and Balenciaga city mini. I prefer to get a timeless handbag rather than something too trendy. I am a professional working mom to 3 young kids so I Would prefer a small or medium sized baG, something that can at least hold a few extra things that the Gucci disco bag for
Instance is just too small for.

I am considering the LV speedy, YSL Loulou, Chloe Marcie, or Celine Belt bag, but can’t seem to pull the trigger on which one I like most. I don’t mind whether the bag is wearable over the shoulder vs wrist. Any suggestions? Any other bags you’d recommend? TIA!
Hello, Aleks Zass. Do you have any updates about which bag you decided to get? If you haven’t finalized your decision yet, another recommendation is the Saint Laurent Niki5E74E4A7-B80F-429C-AE69-A33496E76EA4.jpeg

35409D09-6C4A-4FEE-97A2-E3927EECA4F7.jpegBAA62A50-35BE-4F9E-805C-204C36926C0B.jpegCE3E1B52-C079-4696-8D21-E59195FE329F.jpeg4452241A-BF8D-48CD-8018-64F88C4DDF02.jpeg

Hands down the Loewe Puzzle for me. It was the lightest yet roomiest bag, gave me back my hands and my shoulder since I can comfortably wear it (big-chested girl, so not a small feat), comes in gorgeous colors and beautiful leather, discreet, and provides easy access to my stuff whether it’s for every day or for travel.

Reactions: HeatherGrace