Batignolles or Cabas?

bella1

O.G.
Jan 22, 2006
Twinklette!

We're going through the same dilemma. After I called Elux to exchange my Speedy 30 (long story short, I just saw too many people carry it over the weekend that I just could not get myself to keep it, perhaps later on when the trend dies down a bit) for a Cabas Piano. We had stopped by Price Costco after the mall and saw this lady carry the Batignolles Horizontal. Was contemplating between the two but in the end decided on the Piano. Still 25% contemplating though~~ I already have the Cabas Mezzo, so for Piano-it's just getting a smaller sized one, but I like the fact that it has the zipper on top and looks more classy and clean cut.

For the BH-I can use it as a diaper bag later on and looks like something I can toss around w/out having to worry about the vanchetta too much and is different style than the Mezzo I already have. BUT, since I can use my Mezzo as a diaper bag, do I really need the BH? Also, sometimes I like the open top, other times I'm thinking the top portion looks a bit messy for my taste.

So, there's def pros and cons of each. I'm going to stick w/Piano for now though. It's small enough to be a med-sized bag and large enough to fit in a decent amount. The BH seems more to be on a big size. Depends on what you're looking for.

Maybe I'll stick w/Piano for now and get the BH when I get pregnant (as a 'I'm pregnant, I need a diaper bag' gift...:biggrin: )

LucreziaCA

O.G.
Feb 21, 2006
I am 5'2" and I have the Cabas Mezzo and the Batignolles Horizontal (it arrived today!!!) and so far I adore the BH. I love the Mezzo as well. The Vachetta bottom gave me fits until I decided to just stop stressing about it. The BH has plenty of room, and I just love the shape. It fits nicely under the arm too.

pseub

Bonne vivante
O.G.
Oct 24, 2005
I'm 5'2" (amazing how many of us there are in this forum!) and the BH was my first LV acquisition. It's still the one I use the most. I looked at the Cabas Piano, but it wasn't big enough to hold files or a notebook, so I went for the Horizontal. It's a great bag...comfortable to wear, looks great on, and holds what I need it to. I usually get at least one compliment each time I use it. I think for a bag that can double as a briefcase it has a very feminine look.