Chanel ballet flats

I wasn't sure if this is the right place to post this, but I've had the Chanel classic ballet flats in black for about 2 years now, I'm really careful with them, I don't scuff them up and take really good care of them, but the sole has started to come unattatched on one of the shoes, has this happened to anyone else? And should I take them into the store?

I wasn't sure if this is the right place to post this, but I've had the Chanel classic ballet flats in black for about 2 years now, I'm really careful with them, I don't scuff them up and take really good care of them, but the sole has started to come unattatched on one of the shoes, has this happened to anyone else? And should I take them into the store?

I am sorry that this has happened to you. I would take them to your local shoe cobbler and have them repair the soles. I have had this happen to another pair of nonchanel luxury designer shoes. Once the sole is repaired, I would also ask the cobbler to put protective sole guards on your shoes.

I don't think Chanel does shoe repair. I remember asking about that 8/9 years ago and was told that they will replace broken leather ties (as they did for me for a fee or $35 for only one shoe 6 years ago) and encouraged me to repair it locally. However, the policy may have changed. HTH, GL
HTH, GL

Attached are some of my previous posts.

http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/ballet-flats-owners-help-690615.html#post19298574 post #2.

ITA with sassygee regarding taking it to a local trusted cobbler to get them fixed. I recently bought more than my share of Chanel shoes and had my cobbler do a half sole on them before wearing. I might have posted a picture of it on here before as well.

Hello

I need a Chanel ballerina flats loving expert. I just purchase my first pair of ballerina flats this weekend.

Can you please tell me what the loop on the back of each shoe is for? Is it for ribbon? Does anyone wear them with ribbon?

Thank you!

I wanted to get a pair of ballet flats... Black w colored toe cap. Do these go on sale and if so, when? Don't want to pay full price for sumthin that will eventually get marked down.

Typically the classic colors do not go on sale. A few select trendier colors and styles sometimes will go on sale. Classic black, rarely. If you are flexible on colors and styles, you may be lucky to find a bargain at sale time...HTH! Best wishes!

the ballerinas rarely go on sale. it's usually the seasonal items that would be on sale. however, that being said, the sale items might not necessary be in your size. if you have that spare cash around, i'd say go for it. you'll not regret it. chanel makes the best ballerina flats :smile:

Classic ballets never go on sale. In contrast, the price only goes up. I love ballets and my first pair was ust $350.00! Can you believe that?

May I suggest... if this is your first pair of ballets, to consider the classic beige with black. That is a classic look. Plus, it is versatile and you can wear it with nearly everything and alll year round.

I love the black with gold ballet, but I think it may be a bit limiting in what you can wear with it. Plus, even though I know it's part of the cruise line, that color combo is very winter to me and I can't see wearing that in the spring or summer with light clothes. If you have your heart set on it, go for it, as I truly believe it is a gorgeous shoe.

I was just suggesting a more versatile color if this is your first ballet. Just a thought.

Congratulations on your soon to be ballet! They are super comfy and I love them!

willeyi said:
Classic ballets never go on sale. In contrast, the price only goes up. I love ballets and my first pair was ust $350.00! Can you believe that?

May I suggest... if this is your first pair of ballets, to consider the classic beige with black. That is a classic look. Plus, it is versatile and you can wear it with nearly everything and alll year round.

I love the black with gold ballet, but I think it may be a bit limiting in what you can wear with it. Plus, even though I know it's part of the cruise line, that color combo is very winter to me and I can't see wearing that in the spring or summer with light clothes. If you have your heart set on it, go for it, as I truly believe it is a gorgeous shoe.

I was just suggesting a more versatile color if this is your first ballet. Just a thought.

Congratulations on your soon to be ballet! They are super comfy and I love them!

Wow, $350? Can't believe it!! I've seen the beige w black and those r very pretty too, but I have soooo many flats in that shade (beige, nude) and not too many blacks. Can I ask u how sizing is?? Thnx so much! :smile:

LAvuittongirl said:
Wow, $350? Can't believe it!! I've seen the beige w black and those r very pretty too, but I have soooo many flats in that shade (beige, nude) and not too many blacks. Can I ask u how sizing is?? Thnx so much! :smile:

I usually go up a half size in Chanel flats. There is also a gorgeous red! There are two actually... 12A red quilted caviar and a 13C plain lamb... In case you are into reds.

I just bought the same version of the black shoe you are considering except in ivory with gold toe.
I love it.

Good luck ballet shopping! Chanel has the best ballets. I love them.