Bag Inserts List: New Updates post #4,032

Insert experts.. I've just gotten a new-to-me B35. I'm considering between MaiTai and 7RP and would like to hear your feedback.

The leather of the bag is still ok but I believe as time goes by it will soften. I prefer my bags to have some structure but not necessarily stiff. I can accept some flex, esp on a B35.

TIA!

Insert experts.. I've just gotten a new-to-me B35. I'm considering between MaiTai and 7RP and would like to hear your feedback.

The leather of the bag is still ok but I believe as time goes by it will soften. I prefer my bags to have some structure but not necessarily stiff. I can accept some flex, esp on a B35.

TIA!

I personally think a 7RP would be better in a b35 if you are comfortable with the high-priced tag on it., I have a b30 and plan on getting a 7RP for it even though I did get a MaiTai for my k28. I find the pockets to be more user-friendly in The 7RP insert for the Birkins and the larger Kelly's. The MaiTai are more of a bag liner because I find the pockets difficult to use.
Hope this helps.

Has anyone used Le Mobile purse organizer for B & K? I believe Michael Tonello (author of "Bringing Home the Birkin") is the creator behind it? I'd love to hear TPFers review before purchasing. TIA

Just wanted to add some thoughts to this thread on my recent insert purchases. I received my SO Swift Birkin 30 at the end last month and knew I would want an insert for it, she had a little slouch right out of the box which I don't mind but I don't want her super floppy. I have the new version of Mai Tai in my B35 and while I still think the pockets are pretty useless, it doesn't fold over anymore so to me it's more of a liner but it's sufficient. I have 7rP for a 32 Kelly Sellier and a 35 Kelly Retourne and the fit is perfect but we all know, the price is not so friendly.

I started by ordering the Mai Tai, friendlier price point, new design and I hoped it would be fine. It is not good for slouchy, very soft leather. It's too long for the bag, I had felt this way about her old model in my K35. It pushed the sides out even though it has no rigid elements to it. I was bummed but I'm going to give it to a friend with a more rigid leather and see if she likes it.

Then I ordered 7rP in Khaki. I love the color, it's a great green. The fit is excellent so while the price kills me a little, you can see it makes the bag stand up gently without any bulges. I normally store my bags with their liners in them but I won't be doing that for this one. I'm almost finished renovating my master bed/bath and I had a cabinet built for my bags where they can all rest on their backs. I find that is best for keeping them in shape. If only I could get in shape lying down :P

Photos are labeled for which insert is inside them.

B30Inserts.jpg B30NoInsert.jpg B30MaiTaiInsert.jpg 7rPB30Insert.jpg

I personally think a 7RP would be better in a b35 if you are comfortable with the high-priced tag on it., I have a b30 and plan on getting a 7RP for it even though I did get a MaiTai for my k28. I find the pockets to be more user-friendly in The 7RP insert for the Birkins and the larger Kelly's. The MaiTai are more of a bag liner because I find the pockets difficult to use.
Hope this helps.

I don't have any 7RP for kelly, but I have 1 7RP for B30. Agree with you 100% on the pockets. If I disregard the price, 7RP is definitely my choice. But I cannot deny that €400 is hefty!

Just wanted to add some thoughts to this thread on my recent insert purchases. I received my SO Swift Birkin 30 at the end last month and knew I would want an insert for it, she had a little slouch right out of the box which I don't mind but I don't want her super floppy. I have the new version of Mai Tai in my B35 and while I still think the pockets are pretty useless, it doesn't fold over anymore so to me it's more of a liner but it's sufficient. I have 7rP for a 32 Kelly Sellier and a 35 Kelly Retourne and the fit is perfect but we all know, the price is not so friendly.

I started by ordering the Mai Tai, friendlier price point, new design and I hoped it would be fine. It is not good for slouchy, very soft leather. It's too long for the bag, I had felt this way about her old model in my K35. It pushed the sides out even though it has no rigid elements to it. I was bummed but I'm going to give it to a friend with a more rigid leather and see if she likes it.

Then I ordered 7rP in Khaki. I love the color, it's a great green. The fit is excellent so while the price kills me a little, you can see it makes the bag stand up gently without any bulges. I normally store my bags with their liners in them but I won't be doing that for this one. I'm almost finished renovating my master bed/bath and I had a cabinet built for my bags where they can all rest on their backs. I find that is best for keeping them in shape. If only I could get in shape lying down :P

View attachment 3665529 View attachment 3665530 View attachment 3665531 View attachment 3665532

I know exactly what you mean! The MaiTai K28 insert creates similar bulge so I removed it from my K28 as I'm afraid it may end up pushing the sides out over time.

I did order a bag pillow for my B35 to make sure I have it stuffed properly as I only have space for the bags to stand. Hence the insert will likely be used only when I'm using the bag.

Decisions decisions....

View attachment 3665529 View attachment 3665530 View attachment 3665531 View attachment 3665532

Wow thank you for the pictures!!:flowers: btw love your SO!

Reactions: MSO13
I had the previous version of MT m K28 insert and it was too big for my K28R in box. Because the leather is stiff, it pushes the insert inwards instead and the insert collapsed.

When MT came up with the new insert, she recommended me to get the K28 for my K32R also in box. Strangely, it worked for my K28R too this time.

I also got the MT B30 insert for my GP30. While the pockets may not be stiff enough (only a single layer of linen for the pockets instead of the padded linen used in other parts of bag) for the pockets to be as useful, the insert is stiff enough not to collapse into a puddle.

]

Hi Mrs Owen3, is the MT insert bigger than the 7RP one? Trying to figure out if it'll fit the GP30 too.

I want to be sure I understand your observations-
(Please correct me if I am wrong)

I have Chèvre K35 Retourne & originally bought the Mai Tai first release. The updated version came out. I bought that one.
Chèvre can slouch. I want more structure to my bag.
From your experience with 7RP, do you think it will help more so than the MT ? (I understand it's just your opinion [emoji4])