Bag Inserts List: New Updates post #4,032

Just curious if anyone bought bag inserts a Lindy 30? If so, can the bag still can fold like a fortune cookie with the insert inside? Thanks for any input in advance.
I am using the maitai for B30 for my L30. It is the older maitai though and it still folds like how it's supposed to. The insert kind of folds alongside it.

Reactions: renet
There are two sellers on eBay, pursepillows and sharyl1115 - I have pillows from the former and am about to try the latter as I need a second B35 pillow. I think these were discussed in the bag storage thread :flowers: that said, anything soft that's color- and acid-free should do the trick as long as you rotate things out. I mainly worry about shape in my Kellys as I like slouch in other H bags. But all my bags are stuffed and wrapped in some way and stored either on their backs or standing depending on shape. I do NOT leave the organizers in the bags - they have their own shelf- although if I am using a bag a lot it may stay standing up on my desk at home with a MaiTai inside for a few days.

Thank you for the recommendations! I will try pursepillows to begin & look for your fb about sharyl1115. I presently keep my inserts (Maitai or 7RP) in the bags when I store them. What is your reasoning not to?
My H SA told me to store my bags on their back when not in use (gravity). Seems reasonable!

Just ordered an insert from Divide and Conquer for my B30! Will post pics when I have it.

Connie from C&D said she would make the top less stiff and more malleable so it won't push against my bag! I love her inserts with the stiff wipe bottom for easy clean up of... dog hair [emoji30] so I'll let you know how it works on my B30!

Reactions: *MJ*
Surprisingly my Maitai insert arrived to me (Canada) quite quickly. The insert was packaged nicely with those plastic air bags and the insert was inside its own dustbag. Inside the insert was a nicely rolled up tissue paper "sausage" to hold the shape of the insert.

I have the 2.0 version so it's supposed to be the sturdier/stiffer version of the two. However at first glance/touch... It's pretty flimsy in my opinion. So I'm not sure how much flimsier was the first version.

As for fit, I think it fits quite nicely without pushing into the bag or lots of extra space between the insert and the bag.

For reference, my insert is in the colour Bleu Marine/Natural for the Birkin 35. I usually would have gone for the Gris colour but decided against it as I think the colour contrast between Bleu Marine/Natural and my Rouge Granet would be nice.

I store my Birkin standing up with the insert and the "sausage" inside. It doesn't appear to be overstuffed. The "sausage" adds extra support for the bag.

Even though the Maitai is a much more affordable insert than the 7rp insert... It's still not a very cheap insert in price. I believe I paid approximately $150 CAD (shipping included) At this price point I still would have expected a tad better in quality. The first thing I did was put my cellphone in one of the pockets and instantly the pocket flopped down. I did also try with a card holder wallet and that seemed to be a bit better. The middle portion was completely empty when I tried this and perhaps the cellphone might have held up better if I had a few items in the middle portion to act as a "wall".

The maitai insert can only be dry cleaned whereas the 7rp can be washed in the machine. Honestly I don't think I would bother with dry cleaning even if it got dirty. I don't think I would spend that kind of money to get it dry cleaned every time it got dirty. However if the Maitai insert could be washed at home in the machine... Washing it everytime it got dirty would not be a problem.

Overall, the Maitai insert is quite nice. I really like the quilted look. The material feels a bit rough but it's not bad. However for its price, I would have preferred it to be a tad bit sturdier. (perhaps this will be done in 3.0 version) I think the Maitai insert works well if you're just looking to protect the inside of your bag.

I see why others have said to just purchase a 7rp from the start and not to bother with other brands. Other brands just doesn't meet expectations. Perhaps one day I can justify the price of a and purchase one.

IMG_20170619_223114.jpg IMG_20170619_223306.jpg IMG_20170619_223416.jpg IMG_20170619_223511.jpg IMG_20170619_223606.jpg

Last edited:
Surprisingly my Maitai insert arrived to me (Canada) quite quickly. The insert was packaged nicely with those plastic air bags and the insert was inside its own dustbag. Inside the insert was a nicely rolled up tissue paper "sausage" to hold the shape of the insert.

I have the 2.0 version so it's supposed to be the sturdier/stiffer version of the two. However at first glance/touch... It's pretty flimsy in my opinion. So I'm not sure how much flimsier was the first version.

As for fit, I think it fits quite nicely without pushing into the bag or lots of extra space between the insert and the bag.

For reference, my insert is in the colour Bleu Marine/Natural for the Birkin 35. I usually would have gone for the Gris colour but decided against it as I think the colour contrast between Bleu Marine/Natural and my Rouge Granet would be nice.

I store my Birkin standing up with the insert and the "sausage" inside. It doesn't appear to be overstuffed. The "sausage" adds extra support for the bag.

Even though the Maitai is a much more affordable insert than the 7rp insert... It's still not a very cheap insert in price. I believe I paid approximately $150 CAD (shipping included) At this price point I still would have expected a tad better in quality. The first thing I did was put my cellphone in one of the pockets and instantly the pocket flopped down. I did also try with a card holder wallet and that seemed to be a bit better. The middle portion was completely empty when I tried this and perhaps the cellphone might have held up better if I had a few items in the middle portion to act as a "wall".

The maitai insert can only be dry cleaned whereas the 7rp can be washed in the machine. Honestly I don't think I would bother with dry cleaning even if it got dirty. I don't think I would spend that kind of money to get it dry cleaned every time it got dirty. However if the Maitai insert could be washed at home in the machine... Washing it everytime it got dirty would not be a problem.

Overall, the Maitai insert is quite nice. I really like the quilted look. The material feels a bit rough but it's not bad. However for its price, I would have preferred it to be a tad bit sturdier. (perhaps this will be done in 3.0 version) I think the Maitai insert works well if you're just looking to protect the inside of your bag.

I see why others have said to just purchase a 7rp from the start and not to bother with other brands. Other brands just doesn't meet expectations. Perhaps one day I can justify the price of a and purchase one.

Lovely contrast.

I think MaiTai, being a softer insert (at least when compared to 7RP) is more suitable in a smaller bag. In a B35 (which I have), the insert doesn't have sufficient firmness to support things inside the pockets. What I do with mine is to leave the pockets empty, all my items lay flat in the main section. At least it prevents the "walls" of the insert from flopping inwards.

Hope that helps!