Bag charms—the struggle!

I don’t always use my charms either, and I have several. Sometimes I have mixed feelings about them too. Having said that, most of mine are actually the key rings, which double as charms. I always felt having a charm was a good way to have a small piece from a limited collection if I didn’t want or need any SLGs or bags.

Does anyone mix metals when it comes to using charms? I have a few charms with silver hardware but only two bags with silver hardware. I used to reserve those charms for the bags with matching hardware, but now I’m not so picky.

Here’s my collection. They bring me joy to collect and look at, even if they’re not used all the time.

View attachment 4882670
Great collection! Love your idea of collecting a piece from each limited edition collection. Sometimes I like the look of a collection but would never carry one of the bags. This is a nice way to still get something to enjoy a small piece of it.

I want to be a person who is comfortable using bag charms because I think they can be cute and add lots of personality to a look. Haven't taken my new speedy on an outing yet, but I bought a couple of bag charms for it. I hope that I'll actually feel comfortable using them! Got a Dooney & Bourke intial charm, and a preloved Jack & Lucie charm.
PXL_20201021_225326954~2.jpg
So shiny!
PXL_20201021_225427286~3.jpg

Since I'm not really going anywhere, J & L have been hanging out on my desk keeping me company while I work from home.
PXL_20201016_183856094~2.jpg

Has anyone had issues with charms scratching the canvas of a bag? I just bought my first LV purse (Speedy 35B DE) and I love the idea of adding a charm but I'm afraid of scratching the canvas or leather handle. Not sure if I'm being paranoid but also, with the price of the bag, I want to make sure I am preserving it in case I decide to sell it in the future.
bumping this post because i was wondering the same thing if anyone knows by chance !

I don’t have many bag charms. The ones I have I do use and love them! Always get compliments on them. I haven’t noticed any scratches on my bags from using them except for the hardware seems to scratch easy on the bag.

I was never a fan of using bag charms myself, until I got this one for my Speedy 40. I absolutely love it and it adds more fun to my bag. I never take it off. It's part of my Speedy now. Thinking of getting another one for my Noé GM, but not sure. Still debating.

Screen Shot 2022-11-04 at 6.21.20 AM.png