Baby horse bit hardware is staining the neutral leather shoes...help

probat1

Oct 17, 2006
Hi.

I literally just received a new pair of neutral-colored (kind of verges on super pale pink neutral) heels with the baby horse bit hardware on the toe. Out of the box the leather is already a dark gray color where the horse bit rests on it. I'm debating returning and just getting black, but really love this neutral color. Have any of you seen or had this happen? I fear constantly trying to clean the leather in those areas will result in damaging it and am wondering if this is more hassle than its worth.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

I had a white wallet that this would happen with in the past. I just cleaned it with saddle soap and it won’t damage the leather.

Hi.

I literally just received a new pair of neutral-colored (kind of verges on super pale pink neutral) heels with the baby horse bit hardware on the toe. Out of the box the leather is already a dark gray color where the horse bit rests on it. I'm debating returning and just getting black, but really love this neutral color. Have any of you seen or had this happen? I fear constantly trying to clean the leather in those areas will result in damaging it and am wondering if this is more hassle than its worth.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

The metal is probably leaving a stain from oxidation. They were probably in the box a while unopened (better than being out). I have some white/flora loafers this happed to but unless someone crawls on the floor with a magnifying glass and looks under the horse-bit no-one notices. However, I appreciate the Flora pattern makes a difference.

Either return or clean - do NOT attempt to clean unless you know you're going to keep.

If you bought from a store (and not online) you can take them in and they'll clean for you.

Got them from Net-a-porter and they don't have anymore in my size, nor does anyone, actually. Not sure what to do. The other thing wrong with them is that the leather under the part where the center of the horse bit is is indented a bit. Something must have rested on them for awhile. Ugh. I want them so much, but for this money I feel like they should have come to me perfect so I could be the one to ruin them.

• Sad
Reactions: papertiger