Axillary breast liposuction and excision at Woori

alxsjia

Apr 17, 2024
I’ve always had quite prominent axillary breast tissues and finally decided to bite the bullet to remove them on my recent trip to Korea. I enquired about the procedure with a few different clinics and decided to go ahead with Woori Plastic Surgery Clinic because they’re the only one who mentioned that they will be able to remove the visible mammary gland tissue together with liposuction. Most clinics I’ve inquired with either only do liposuction or will only remove the mammary gland if I am doing it together with breast augmentation.

I sent in my concern via their chat services and was assisted by their English coordinator Katherine. She was friendly and patient with all my questions. As I was only in Korea for a short duration, I wanted to make sure I was able to get the procedure done and fly off on my scheduled date. Katherine was really helpful in addressing all my concerns. After searching up Woori online and reading on reviews by others. I decided to go ahead with making the appointment.

On the day of appointment, Katherine met me at the reception and stayed with me throughout the doctor’s consultation all the way to the operating room, making sure I was comfortable throughout. The doctor was thorough in his explanation and made sure I knew what the procedure will be like and what the possible side effects were.

My procedure was done under sleep anaesthesia and it was over before I knew it. The entire process took about 4-5 hours and there was minimal discomfort after. I was able to go about with my day.

I went back the next day for dressing change and besides the mild discomfort around the surgical site, I was able to carry out my day to day activities with no problem.

It’s been about 2 weeks since I’ve had my surgery. The bruising was quite bad on the left initially but is much better now. The surgical site is still a bit swollen but I’m loving how it looks. I can definitely see myself wearing clothes I didn’t dare to wear previously.

I'm a little confused by the terminology used.

Mammary gland is the tissue that secretes milk during breast feeding.
Are you saying you wanted to remove the mammary gland in your axilla? Or did you mean the fat surrounding your mammary gland?

Axilla is the armpit, I doubt that there is any mammary gland tissue there. It's mostly fat and lymph nodes.

Just requesting for clarification on this thread for others so that nothing is misinterpreted or misunderstood, thank you.

Another thing to note, if you just meant that you got the fat in your axilla/armpit removed, it may not be permanent. (excess skin removal does have a longer lasting effect because it remove excess folds/layers of skin) Fat has a tendency to move wherever it wants. To keep fat off requires a certain amount of diet and exercise.

I'm a little confused by the terminology used.

Mammary gland is the tissue that secretes milk during breast feeding.
Are you saying you wanted to remove the mammary gland in your axilla? Or did you mean the fat surrounding your mammary gland?

Axilla is the armpit, I doubt that there is any mammary gland tissue there. It's mostly fat and lymph nodes.

Just requesting for clarification on this thread for others so that nothing is misinterpreted or misunderstood, thank you.

Another thing to note, if you just meant that you got the fat in your axilla/armpit removed, it may not be permanent. (excess skin removal does have a longer lasting effect because it remove excess folds/layers of skin) Fat has a tendency to move wherever it wants. To keep fat off requires a certain amount of diet and exercise.
Hi, there are some people with mammary glands present in the axilla area too and it’s more common than you think. I think the proper term is accessory breast tissue, you can search this up :smile: (sorry for the confusion) I just so happened to have both fat and actual breast tissue in my axillary fat region hence why I wanted to get it removed. Exercise alone was not going to help solve the problem I had. I did excision to remove the glands in that area and the skin to minimise folding. I also did liposuction to remove the fats from the area just to make it more aesthetic.

I also did not mention anything about this procedure being permanent. The doctor did mention that the fat may come back if I experience any sudden weight gains. Hope this answers your concerns.

Reactions: lill_canele