Scarves Autumn/Winter 2020 scarves

These threads are archived as part of our reference library, therefore please only post scarves on this thread from the season in the title.

If you are not sure, please do a search or ask in the ID this scarf thread before you post.
:drinks:

Try also not to keep posting stock photos once listed but offer your own photos to help others make their choices. Thank you :flowers:

SILK GIANT TRIANGLE
MINI BRIDES DE GALA BY HUGO GRYGKAR
REF:H572037S

View attachment 4776789View attachment 4776790

View attachment 4776791View attachment 4776792

10View attachment 4776793View attachment 4776794

View attachment 4776795View attachment 4776796

View attachment 4776797

View attachment 4776798

The story behind

One of Hermes's most emblematic designs. In 1957, Robert Dumas worked with Hugo Grygkar. He lays two sumptuous bridles face to face on the floor, and the choice is clear: the composition is perfect with unequaled simplicity, the scarf is present. On the right, two mermaids rise from a cornucopia, brandishing the imperial crown. This piece, retained in the Émile Hermès collection, is one of the harnesses made for the Emperor of Mexico, Maximilian of Austria. On the left, on the blinker, the coat of arms of the Counts of Ferronnays whose collection features many beautiful harness pieces from the 18th century. Here, the design is endlessly contrasted in a miniature version.
I kind of love this. It looks spectacular tied.

I have to admit that not a lot of these will suit me this season. How crazy is it to buy one off the website now, if I think it is probably one of two or three I would want? It feels so early to be buying... (And I have been known to be influenced by mod shots.) :shocked:
Same here. The website is useless. That comparison shot that @Sheila K posted of the Gattoni scarf IRL and on the website - holy cow! Not even close. Must wait for you all to shop and post!

Same here. The website is useless. That comparison shot that @Sheila K posted of the Gattoni scarf IRL and on the website - holy cow! Not even close. Must wait for you all to shop and post!
Agreed, moma. Night and day from the way the scarves are sometimes modelled to the insane variation in colors. There are scarves I thought I would *never* be interested in based on the website that live in my closet and are faves now.

The story behind
The Franco-German artist Édouard Baribeaud likes to combine mythical events with present moments. Here, a young woman half-concealed by a screen appears almost like an extension of its painted procession of amazons. In this composite interior, where antique mosaics feature alongside modern furniture, she seems to be preparing for a dinner or celebration. The scene abounds with contemporary and symbolic elements, such as a vinyl record that conveys the party atmosphere. Displayed in medallions around the edges of the design are emblems such as the owl, an allegory of wisdom, and the pomegranate, the fruit symbolic of fertility and knowledge.

Thank you so much x

I am matchy, matchy, so I am going with 1 or 6. That said you never know until you see them and hold them against the new bag. Good luck choosing.
How exciting for you HermesHope, and I'm afraid although it may be your first CSGM, it won't be your last!! I think the Plumes en Fete would be an amazing first shawl, and perhaps one of the CW's would go nicely with your new bag. Good luck and I hope you are feeling well :hugs:
Great bag, HH! I also love Danse des Amazones, but the CWs all seem supremely bizarre. No doubt they look amazing IRL. I hope people start to show some modeling shots here. They always make me change my mind!
So nice to “see” you, HermesHope! Your bag is gorgeous. I think cw 01, the raspberry one, would look marvelous.
Me, too!

I hope I won’t offend anyone here, but it looks like any typical paisley or pausley-style print. Maybe it will look better in person.

What an adorable design! And the colors. :hbeat:

I chimed in earlier with CW 01. Maybe CW 02, also.
Re a CSGM, perhaps Les Trophees? I see rich burgundy accents.

scarf-140--242750S 02-flat-1-300-0-2048-2048.jpg
I love the owl, too. And the cats!
After checking out your new bag and the coat on your blog, I think I’d go with CW 01 of La Danse des Amazones. I like the cool greens with your coat better than the hot oranges in CW 06. Both colorways have the burgundy, and it would have been perfect if one of them had the lilac color of the lining. I’m looking forward to the pairing, but I suppose it may be weeks before we can get to these scarves.
@HermesHope. Now that I’m looking at CW08, that may be perfect for the new bag. Just a touch of burgundy, and it has your bag’s lining color as well.
The story behind
The Franco-German artist Édouard Baribeaud likes to combine mythical events with present moments. Here, a young woman half-concealed by a screen appears almost like an extension of its painted procession of amazons. In this composite interior, where antique mosaics feature alongside modern furniture, she seems to be preparing for a dinner or celebration. The scene abounds with contemporary and symbolic elements, such as a vinyl record that conveys the party atmosphere. Displayed in medallions around the edges of the design are emblems such as the owl, an allegory of wisdom, and the pomegranate, the fruit symbolic of fertility and knowledge.

My thanks to everyone who has given me help and ideas. I know that I have already thanked some of you, but I get a bit muddled since my stroke, so I thought that I would do it all again! You are such a wonderful group of scarfies:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

My thanks to everyone who has given me help and ideas. I know that I have already thanked some of you, but I get a bit muddled since my stroke, so I thought that I would do it all again! You are such a wonderful group of scarfies:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:
So are you, dear HH. I sometimes forget who I have thanked and/or responded to. There are so many wonderful comments and pics, I have a hard time keeping up!

Thank you ladies for your kind comments for my boys, they send woofs and kisses @QueenieQ @Karenska @croisette @Susie Tune @Luvbolide
Special kudos to @Susie Tunes, “Les Bassets” will definitely be called “Les Wiener Boys” in this house!
@Luvbolide excellent suggestion!
A huge thank you to everyone who posted pics of the AW collection, the preview is absolutely awesome!

I have a general question that maybe y'all can answer for me. Are SA allowing people to try on scarves in the store during COVID? I can get a general feel for how something will look on me tied in a bias fold by looking at the center and corner. Goodness knows that I have had plenty of practice, but with the appointment system to meet you SA, do they unfold it for you while standing 6-8 feet apart? I truly won't need to try it on, since I know what will work on me, but I was curious as to how this will work. Thank you for your input.

I have a general question that maybe y'all can answer for me. Are SA allowing people to try on scarves in the store during COVID? I can get a general feel for how something will look on me tied in a bias fold by looking at the center and corner. Goodness knows that I have had plenty of practice, but with the appointment system to meet you SA, do they unfold it for you while standing 6-8 feet apart? I truly won't need to try it on, since I know what will work on me, but I was curious as to how this will work. Thank you for your input.
My store has a mannequin. I was allowed to try on a scarf but it then had to go in it’s own quarantine.