Authenticate4U.com experiences?

There are many issues with A4U that have been shared here on tPF with regard to lack of responding in a timely manner
& figuring out which is the best way to contact them which can be quite frustrating when time is of the essence
Again unfortunate that you didn't get a response which reeks of lack of professionalism..

Hi, i have sent 2 of my bags to A4u, and i always pmed them in their facebook. Probably you can try that? The recent one is Lesley who replied me.

Hope it helps!

Reactions: BeenBurned
Hi Beenburned:

Thanks so much for your suggestion. Unfortunately, I missed your note and had just placed an order with ******************.

I'd also really appreciate your verdict on the authenticity of the item as a second opinion as well. There are 2 areas of concern:
- Zipper pull - item is the LV logo zipper pull but it is made in 1983 (date code: 834) so shouldn't it be an eclair zipper for the age of this item? The zipper pull didn't appear to have been replaced. I examined teh zipper pull closely and there is no air bubbles or blurriness of the LV logo that are telltale signs of a fake.
- Uneven stitching - a small section (around 5cm in length) of the stitching where the zipper pull is stitched to the canvas is a little uneven and also placement of the stitching little bit crooked in that the distance of the stitching from the edge of the item is a bit off for this section compared to rest the stitching for the zipper.
Otherwise, the canvas and the hardware felt substantial.

I'd really appreciate your thoughts.

Many thanks in advance

IMG_9085.jpg

IMG_9087.jpg

IMG_9079.jpg

IMG_9077.PNG

IMG_9084.jpg

IMG_9035.jpg

IMG_9063.jpg

Hi Beenburned:

Thanks so much for your suggestion. Unfortunately, I missed your note and had just placed an order with ******************.

I'd also really appreciate your verdict on the authenticity of the item as a second opinion as well. There are 2 areas of concern:
- Zipper pull - item is the LV logo zipper pull but it is made in 1983 (date code: 834) so shouldn't it be an eclair zipper for the age of this item? The zipper pull didn't appear to have been replaced. I examined teh zipper pull closely and there is no air bubbles or blurriness of the LV logo that are telltale signs of a fake.
- Uneven stitching - a small section (around 5cm in length) of the stitching where the zipper pull is stitched to the canvas is a little uneven and also placement of the stitching little bit crooked in that the distance of the stitching from the edge of the item is a bit off for this section compared to rest the stitching for the zipper.
Otherwise, the canvas and the hardware felt substantial.

I'd really appreciate your thoughts.

Many thanks in advance

View attachment 4822495

View attachment 4822496

View attachment 4822497

View attachment 4822498

View attachment 4822499

View attachment 4822500

View attachment 4822501
I'm sorry but LV isn't my area of expertise.

You can try posting here and see if they'll help. (Each brand and each authenticators has its own policy for authentications. Some don't authenticate items that were already purchased.)

Just chipping in that as a previous A4U user, I tried to use them in May for a BV and also had no reply, despite many requests. Ended up getting my money back through PayPal for the evaluation and using ******************.
(And sorry, I don’t know anything about LV bags)!

Thanks jbr12. I have read the same thing from reviews on A4U, that either there are significant delays with a response or they don't even get back to you, as in your case.
Thought I will give an update for everyone in case it's helpful for others' future reference, I have received an authentication verdict from ****************** (it's a turnaround time of about 4 hours!) and my item is deemed authentic - which I'm happy with the verdict as both hardware and canvas does feel substantial and of a high quality. The Japanese seller that I bought the item from also got back to me and explained that the LV logo zipper pull commenced introduction from around the early 1980's and most items with the eclair zipper pull apparently do not have date codes or date codes that reflect manufacture dates between 1981 -1982 and mine is made in 1983. The Japanese seller also advised that apparently, the slight uneven stitching is not uncommon for these trousses which were made individually from custom orders by hand/machine sewing. They were not batch manufactured and sold commercially in store with full machine sewing processes till 1999 and the trousses were discontinued in 2008.

Is anyone still have a difficult time with Authenticate4U? I've gotten authentications from them before but the last few times have been awful. I messaged them on facebook and asked about turnaround and they would always say 24-48 hours. I'd pay and then send photos of my item and they'd say it's tagged for review, then nothing, never to be heard from again.

When I have a new item that I ask about, they'll respond but once I've paid and send them the photos, nothing again. It seems like they're purposely avoiding answering about authentications that have been paid for? Can anyone recommend an alternative service?

I submitted a request 12 days ago and while they have been communicating, I just got the final verdict today.
Amazing how after I messaged them asking for a reply in 48 hrs or I was filing a PayPal dispute, then they respond.

I used them in 2017, had a bad experience and said I would never use them again..

I used them again...Same story this time too.
This time I am really done.

They stopped replying to me completely even with new items a while ago.

They authenticated a few of my items, and now they are done with me. When I send them a message if they can authenticate a new item, I don't get a reply.

They are strange.

I must be one of the lucky ones. I messaged them on FB messenger and within a day I got a respond. I sent them the payment and pictures of the time then got the authentication email within a day or two? It was a Louis Vuitton item so I’m not sure if they’re quicker w certain brands?

They stopped replying to me completely even with new items a while ago.

They authenticated a few of my items, and now they are done with me. When I send them a message if they can authenticate a new item, I don't get a reply.

They are strange.
Do you send message through email or Facebook messenger? Their email is a mess. (I'm not saying that that's the right way to run a business, just that FB is a more reliable way to know they got the message.