Authenticate this MICHAEL KORS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not able to identify the bag but am writing in regard to Ebay's return policy. You can return any item if it is not real if you do so within 45 days. Just be sure to send the bag with tracking so you can confirm that the seller recieved it. Once they do they must refund you the money you spent for the bag plus the original shipping cost. So if you are uneasy about this bag you will get your money back. Just dont wait too long and dont forget the tracking number! Best wishes!

So I got the handbag in the mail. To be honest, the seller did NOT disclose how much wear this thing has. The body is in good condition, with some light pen marks, but there is major wear on the strap, and some cracking on body seams.

Regardless, I now am trying to figure out A, is this bag real, and B, what is it?

I can tell that it is "made in Italy", meaning that it would be from the more expensive "michael kors collection" (it is at least 1 year old, which clicks since newer bags aren't made in Italy anymore).

The stitching seems very good. All the lining is stitched. The lining appears gold in the photo, that's just the flash, it's more of a shimmery beige.

Please let me know what everyone thinks of the photos, I can supply more of specific details to help figure out if the bag is real.

Even if it is a real bag, and I spent $90 on it, I'm iffy if I'm happy, the wear really is a bit much, and I honestly prefer the styling of MUCH less expensive bags than this in the MK line. I'm honestly at a loss as to why (and maybe someone could educate me) someone would pay $1500 for this bag new, assuming it is indeed real.

Attachments

• IMG_3449.JPG
    IMG_3449.JPG
    130.1 KB · Views: 1,233
  • IMG_3450.JPG
    IMG_3450.JPG
    134.2 KB · Views: 1,198
  • IMG_3451.JPG
    IMG_3451.JPG
    106.2 KB · Views: 1,196
  • IMG_3452.JPG
    IMG_3452.JPG
    186.8 KB · Views: 1,180
  • IMG_3454.JPG
    IMG_3454.JPG
    170.8 KB · Views: 1,196
so I've found some pics looking online, and this APPEARS to be a Michael Kors Sutton Handbag. It looks very similar to this one here: http://www.michaelkors.com/store/ca...=%%CSE%%&srccode=cii_0&cpncode=21-179244012-2

but I can't seem to find it in white, and I don't know if it was made in italy originally. For all I know it's not the sutton, and just looks similar to it.....

So I got the handbag in the mail. To be honest, the seller did NOT disclose how much wear this thing has. The body is in good condition, with some light pen marks, but there is major wear on the strap, and some cracking on body seams.

Regardless, I now am trying to figure out A, is this bag real, and B, what is it?

I can tell that it is "made in Italy", meaning that it would be from the more expensive "michael kors collection" (it is at least 1 year old, which clicks since newer bags aren't made in Italy anymore).

The stitching seems very good. All the lining is stitched. The lining appears gold in the photo, that's just the flash, it's more of a shimmery beige.

Please let me know what everyone thinks of the photos, I can supply more of specific details to help figure out if the bag is real.

Even if it is a real bag, and I spent $90 on it, I'm iffy if I'm happy, the wear really is a bit much, and I honestly prefer the styling of MUCH less expensive bags than this in the MK line. I'm honestly at a loss as to why (and maybe someone could educate me) someone would pay $1500 for this bag new, assuming it is indeed real.

it also looks alot like
michael-kors-chain-shoulder-bag.jpg

however the detailing doesn't match with the "belt" on the handbag I have. There appears to be no belt on the pic here, vs. a lower belt with straps to hold it up on mine. Though this link is from 2007, and the seller said the bag I now have was bought ~1 year ago for $1500 at saks (I don't care if they're hyping the price, more concerned with whether or not the bag is real). I'd "suspect" the odds of a high end MK bag being counterfeited would be greater than a lower end one, like the lovely Joan Bag I just picked up.

It looks exactly like the sutton!
http://www.michaelkors.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod1700004
Thats it in white :P , I think it is the sutton. And Im not expert AT ALL lol so dont take my opinion serious, but I think if it sold for that little it wouldn't be authentic. And the higher end bags would definitely have a better chance of being copied, or at least they would make the copy alot better. It doesn't look right to me, the stitching, and the straps.. the straps look like what my fake gucci did.. and it wasn't even used (yes shame on me for buying a fake! it was a trade years ago though, and i never wore it :P) It had white straps too and was dark on the edges as well.

Although consider yourself super lucky if its authentic!! :smile:

100% that is the bag I have. It matches exactly as far as styling and hardware. The only thing (and I'm not sure if it's the flash in the MK website photo, or that my bag is dirty, or a different color) it that my bag is more "beige" than a pure white vanilla shown on the MK site.

Regardless, this does fit what the seller claims to have paid. In viewing other auctions she mostly bids on items, and doesn't appear to be in the business of selling bags. Still it is entirely possible the bag is fake.

Now that we know what this bag is "MICHAEL KORS Sutton Large Belted Satchel, Vanilla" we can figure out if it is real or not...

Anyone with any surefire ideas on how to ID this bag as authentic or fake, please let me know :smile: Like I said, can post more pics of any detailing requested.

It looks exactly like the sutton!
http://www.michaelkors.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod1700004
Thats it in white :P , I think it is the sutton. And Im not expert AT ALL lol so dont take my opinion serious, but I think if it sold for that little it wouldn't be authentic. And the higher end bags would definitely have a better chance of being copied, or at least they would make the copy alot better. It doesn't look right to me, the stitching, and the straps.. the straps look like what my fake gucci did.. and it wasn't even used (yes shame on me for buying a fake! it was a trade years ago though, and i never wore it :P) It had white straps too and was dark on the edges as well.

Although consider yourself super lucky if its authentic!! :smile:

It is in fact from his "Collection" edition. Its the Sutton series circa 2008 (sutton large satchel). The lining is satin and the tag is made in italy is correct. You paid a good price for it because this handbag was like 995-1200. If I were you I would take it to a good handbag/shoe repair and see if they can referbish the bag. Nordstrom use to offer it for free but I think they still do it for free any more. You would have to pay a fee. I hope this helps. Best of luck to you! Oh and they did make this in the MK by MK the diff is the quality :-s(PS I mean no disrespect to any seasoned tpf this is just my opinion based on the info provided)

Hi,
This one is not on an auction but on my work bulletin board. The seller has been trying to sell for awhile and has only posted this one pic with no other description or measurements. I tried looking on eBay and asking friends but no one else has seen it. I'm beginning to wonder about it's authenticity. Thanks.

1109110814.jpg

It is in fact from his "Collection" edition. Its the Sutton series circa 2008 (sutton large satchel). The lining is satin and the tag is made in italy is correct. You paid a good price for it because this handbag was like 995-1200. If I were you I would take it to a good handbag/shoe repair and see if they can referbish the bag. Nordstrom use to offer it for free but I think they still do it for free any more. You would have to pay a fee. I hope this helps. Best of luck to you! Oh and they did make this in the MK by MK the diff is the quality :-s(PS I mean no disrespect to any seasoned tpf this is just my opinion based on the info provided)

thank you so much for the info, I'm starting to bet that this is indeed a genuine bag, and will look into getting it refurbished. I'm betting $50 would go a long way with it, hopefully.

thank you so much for the info, I'm starting to bet that this is indeed a genuine bag, and will look into getting it refurbished. I'm betting $50 would go a long way with it, hopefully.

If you think you spent to much you might be able to get a partial refund. But if its to late for that you can get your money back especially if they didn't disclose everything that was wrong with the bag. I recently had a Michael kors collection handbag that was sent to me but had more damage than expected. Since it was at a good price I got it repaired it. I have 5 Michael kors collection bags and I love them. They are superior in quality than the MK by MK (they have beautiful stuff too). Be careful with the white (I have two in white) they can color transfer like no ones business so be careful around jeans and heavy dye items.

Status
Not open for further replies.