Authenticate This Marc Jacobs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the peppermint Stella, the lining is a good sign. I have a spring 03 multipocket hobo (in "faded brick") that has the same striped fabric lining. If I'm right, your bag is a spring 03 bag.

*jennifer* said:
i think it's best to assume that any style can be faked. buyer beware, sort of thing. i can't tell much from these pictures at all either.

i received the bag today. here's some pictures

f18ee46d.jpg

IMG_9724.jpg

IMG_9722.jpg

Daisy said:
Hello kitty, what color is that supposed to be?? How much did you pay? It's fake. =(

Hi Daisy, it's the taupe, color is quite off though because of pic.
I bought it in Miami: "Astoria" on Lincoln Rd, Miami Beach. I paid $800 after discount. I had my doubts, but I thought the boutique was okay, because it's on Lincoln Rd and they carry other brands like Dolce & Gabbana (clothing). :sad: I'm not in the US till next week... Should I then go to the MJ headquarters? Is there something I can do? :cry: Report to the police?
Thanks.

Hi!
This is my first post, although I've been lurking for a little while :rolleyes:

I've been trying to take in all of this 'what's fake-what isn't' talk, so that I can better understand how to look at an Ebay auction, since most of the posters on this board seem to know so much!!

This seller seems fairly reputable, but most of her items are LV. The bag looks really good to me, but maybe there is something I am missing. Item: 6884267262

Do Stams usually have a red interior pocket? Most of the other ones I have seen on Ebay (probably fake) seem to have burgundy pockets that match the suede.

Can anyone fill me in on this aspect?
Thanks so much.

Hi Ladies,

Here are pictures of the Baby Stam - any thoughts on authenticity?

Attachments

• Stam7.jpg
    Stam7.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 189
  • Stam6.jpg
    Stam6.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 209
  • Stam5.jpg
    Stam5.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 182
  • Stam4.jpg
    Stam4.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 188
  • Stam2.jpg
    Stam2.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 192
  • Stam1.jpg
    Stam1.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 191
  • Stam.jpg
    Stam.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 185
More Pics.....

I bought it off Ebay for 200 pounds (UK Seller) who didn't even know it was called a Stam - had it listed as Mark Jacobs black quilted bag / gold chunky chain Kate - Huh???

Anyway, leather is gorgeous, lining is a beautiful burgundy suede and it's in excellent condition. I don't know much about MJ but to me seems authentic. Also, the diamonds line up around the seams.

The other bag (Balenciaga Hobo) is completely filthy! Not even sure if a good clean is going to do it - will try though.

TIA!

Attachments

• Stam8.jpg
    Stam8.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 230
  • Stam9.jpg
    Stam9.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 187
  • Stam10.jpg
    Stam10.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 196
  • Stam11.jpg
    Stam11.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 185
  • Stam12.jpg
    Stam12.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 195
Cal, I have this same bag and yours looks exactly like mine! The texture of the leather, the suede lining, the tag, zippers, kisslock everything.

Congrats! What a bargain! Do you like it? It's more a going out/dinner bag for me coz it doesn't fit a lot:smile:

Yup, midnite... oooohooo:huh:Ooo.. Ok, poor impression of a ghost, lol! I'm just about to retire for the evening but feel wide awake tonite! I got so excited after seeing the LVR Chloe Fall bags. I keep going there to see if they've got it back up yet!

Hey, the Chanel classic flap is a bag that's on my wishlist:smile:) I think maybe the med or large in caviar. Prolly black.. nothing too fancy.

Status
Not open for further replies.