*CLOSED* Authenticate This GUCCI

Status
Not open for further replies.

papertiger

MOD
Authenticator
O.G.
May 23, 2009
This thread is closed as we don’t currently have authenticators for Gucci, please seek a paid service.

Please post authenticity questions related to GUCCI in this thread.

The PurseForum requests that only members with an extensive knowledge of the brand and authenticating who have over 500 posts participate as authenticators in this AT thread. The moderators reserve the right to remove authentications that do not meet these requirements.

Please follow the following rules:

Before you submit a request for authentication, please search this thread to make sure that the item has not previously been authenticated. This is in order to prevent duplication requests and to make it simpler for people to 'search' for items which may have been posted previously. This is not a thread to ask general questions about GUCCI, please refer to our main GUCCI forum for such information.

This is a free service, but it is imperative that you help our authenticators by using the following format:

Item:
Listing number:
Seller:
Link:
Comments:

If the bag in question is not on an auction site, please use the following:

Item Name (if you know it):
Link (if available):
Seller:
Who took the pictures:
History of the bag:
Comments:

Please give us as much information as you can and then attach any pictures (all authentication must include pictures).

Authenticators are not required to answer every request and it is their right to ignore a request that is not in the proper format.
Please note that comments on price and condition are NOT permitted.
Please limit your request to one (1) per post; otherwise it gets too confusing keeping them all straight.
Do NOT PM an authenticator or moderator to request authentication. Any and all such requests must be posted in this thread.
To ensure that additional pictures requested are seen by the authenticators, please utilize the quote feature or provide a link to your original request and response. Failure to do so may result in your query not being answered.
Should one of your items be questioned in this thread, you are welcome to provide additional pictures or materials supporting its authenticity.
Do not handle your disputes with other members in this thread but take your differences to Private Messages. Failure to do so can result in banning.

Disclaimer

All Authenticate This threads on tPF are meant to provide assistance to shoppers who are uncertain about the legitimacy and authenticity of designer goods. The evaluations posted by tPF's members are only opinions that stem from personal experiences as shoppers and collectors. They are not legally binding or professional authentications and are not to be treated as such.

For questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact the forum administration via the forum's contact form.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seeking authenticity for sale at auction. Please help! We have this bag in brown leather and in black leather.
Item Name (if you know it): Unknown
Who took the pictures: I did.
History of the bag: Used in the 60's, possibly earlier, according to consignor.
Comments:I cannot locate a serial number, but the bag seems to be circa 1950s or 60's. Black and brown bags are identical, so I am only posting photos of the brown one. It has a foldover top with gold locking hardware, two straps, and three interior compartments, two with pockets. Also with a makeup mirror in leather snapping sleeve. Size of bag without straps approximately 9" tall x 9.5" wide.

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,748
  • image4.jpeg
    image4.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,731
  • image5.jpeg
    image5.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,745
  • image6.jpeg
    image6.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,745
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,734
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,747
  • image7.jpeg
    image7.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 1,731
Thanks for any help you can give![/QUOTE]

Seeking authenticity for sale at auction. Please help! We have this bag in brown leather and in black leather.
Item Name (if you know it): Unknown
Who took the pictures: I did.
History of the bag: Used in the 60's, possibly earlier, according to consignor.
Comments:I cannot locate a serial number, but the bag seems to be circa 1950s or 60's. Black and brown bags are identical, so I am only posting photos of the brown one. It has a foldover top with gold locking hardware, two straps, and three interior compartments, two with pockets. Also with a makeup mirror in leather snapping sleeve. Size of bag without straps approximately 9" tall x 9.5" wide.

Authentic.

As you rightly determined very late '50s/early '60s

Experts, please authenticate this Gucci belt. Thank you. :smile:

Item Name (if you know it): Gucci Chain Link Belt
Link (if available): Not available
Seller: Bought at an Estate Sale
Who took the pictures: Myself
History of the bag: Not known

Comments: I bought this belt at an Estate Sale.

I have a similar belt,but without the weight in my hand there is too little to go on with these (which were very heavily copied) Sorry

Item Name (if you know it): all I know is pink trim Gucci coin purse
Link (if available): I'm on mobile right now I can't
Seller: riana02/poshmark
Who took the pictures: seller
History of the bag: all I know is worn, she said it's a coin purse and it's authentic
Comments: sorry I hope I did this right, these are pics providing in the listing :smile:

Sorry to take so long lotus, I have the same purse in another colour. I believe this one to be a fake

Going through my bags I've received over the years and wanted to check on a couple. Here's one of them. Pics are my own. If you know the style name, that'd be great. No ebay or seller links as I own this. Thanks!

Need a much brighter shot of the entire bag in natural light - the two pics are way too dark. Everything else seems to check out okay but I need to see the whole thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.