Authenticate This DOONEY & BOURKE

Please post authenticity questions related to DOONEY & BOURKE in this thread.

Note: The PurseForum requests that only members with extensive knowledge of the brand and authenticating who have over 500 posts participate as authenticators in this AT thread. The moderators reserve the right to remove authentications that do not meet these requirements.

Please follow the following rules:

Before you submit a request for authentication, please search this thread to make sure that the item has not previously been authenticated. This is not a thread to ask general questions about DOONEY & BOURKE; please refer to our Handbags & Purses forum for such information.

This is a free service, but it is imperative that you help our authenticators by using the following format:

Item:
Listing number:
Seller:
Link:
Comments:
If the bag in question is not on an auction site, please use the following:

Item Name (if you know it):
Link (if available):
Then attach any photos (all authentication must include photos.)

• Authenticators are not required to answer every request and it is their right to ignore a request that is not in the proper format.
  • Please note that comments on price and condition are NOT permitted.
  • Do NOT PM an authenticator or moderator to request authentication. Any and all such requests should be posted in this thread.

Should one of your items be questioned in this thread, you are welcome to provide additional pictures or materials supporting its authenticity.

Do not handle your disputes with other members in this thread but take your differences to Private Messages. Failure to do so can result in banning.

Please utilize the "Quote" feature when responding directly to another post.

Disclaimer

All Authenticate This threads on tPF are meant to provide assistance to shoppers who are uncertain about the legitimacy and authenticity of designer goods. The evaluations posted by tPF's members are only opinions that stem from personal experiences as shoppers and collectors. They are not legally binding or professional authentications and should not be treated as such.

For questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact the forum administration via the forum's contact form.

Is the zipper supposed to extend on both sides? I ask because one side of the zipper is tacked down with a brass circle piece and the other has the brass circle but isn't holding anything.
One side of the zipper is tacked down and the other ends at the top of the bag.

ETA: I don't know what you mean by a brass circle that isn't holding anything.

ETA: I don't know what you mean by a brass circle that isn't holding anything.[/QUOTE

ETA: I don't know what you mean by a brass circle that isn't holding anything.

I took a photo.

51159537_411303506283970_5621481594775666688_n.jpg

I bought this Bitsy Bag bag recently. I'm trying to confirm that it's authentic, and determine what it's made of. I thought the zebra was leather, but when I searched the auction sites, some sellers described it as coated canvas. I know the red trim is leather. Please let me know if I need to post more photos. Thanks in advance.
dooneybourkezebranwt.jpg dooneybourkezebranwt3.jpg dooneybourkezebranwt4.jpg

Reactions: bluethreads
I bought this Bitsy Bag bag recently. I'm trying to confirm that it's authentic, and determine what it's made of. I thought the zebra was leather, but when I searched the auction sites, some sellers described it as coated canvas. I know the red trim is leather. Please let me know if I need to post more photos. Thanks in advance.
View attachment 4325544 View attachment 4325545 View attachment 4325546
It's authentic and AFAIK, it is leather though I understand why people might think it's coated canvas.

It's authentic and AFAIK, it is leather though I understand why people might think it's coated canvas.

I'm not sure it's leather. I think it's probably a coated fabric/PVC material, embossed with a texture.

I was unable to find a "ZE250 Bitsy Bag" on the QVC, Dooney.com or ilovedooney sites. However, I did find descriptions of the "Serengeti" collection, exotic animal prints that are made of coated cotton. This isn't definite proof, but merely a possible clue.

https://www.ilovedooney.com/serenge...ZESIRD#start=1&cgid=ild-collections-serengeti

https://www.dooney.com/search?pg=1&q=serengeti&sz=24&start=0

I'm not sure it's leather. I think it's probably a coated fabric/PVC material, embossed with a texture.

I was unable to find a "ZE250 Bitsy Bag" on the QVC, Dooney.com or ilovedooney sites. However, I did find descriptions of the "Serengeti" collection, exotic animal prints that are made of coated cotton. This isn't definite proof, but merely a possible clue.

https://www.ilovedooney.com/serenge...ZESIRD#start=1&cgid=ild-collections-serengeti

https://www.dooney.com/search?pg=1&q=serengeti&sz=24&start=0
ALthough the bitsy bags could be a different material, I had a flap wristlet and based on my pictures, the back of the patterned side sure appears to be leather. (I don't have any pictures of the label/tag showing what the material is.)
dooney zebra flap wristlet 1.png dooney zebra flap wristlet 2.png dooney zebra flap wristlet 3.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-30 at 1.28.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-30 at 1.28.38 PM.png
    2 MB · Views: 110
Reactions: Catbird9
Hi mallomar, just so you can see the difference between coated canvas and leather, I'm providing a comparison pic of my hobo coated canvas giraffe and the teardrop leather zebra print handbags. I also included an up-close pic of the coated canvas. 20190130_175031.jpg

Attachments

• 20190130_175038.jpg
    20190130_175038.jpg
    318.5 KB · Views: 106
Reactions: Catbird9
Thanks for all the helpful responses. My bag seems to have the same texture as the flap wristlet. I think my bag was from 2008, or possibly a little earlier, as I saw a post somewhere (possibly on this site) from someone who said they bought a Zebra Bitsy at Marshall's in 2008. I'm attaching a couple more photos, of closeups showing the texture. I'm obsessive about determining if it's leather because I'm trying to sell the bag, and of course I don't want to describe it as leather unless I'm sure it really is.
20190128_231117.jpg 20190130_211118.jpg

I have a DOONEY & BURKE PURSE AND I'm just trying to see if it's authentic or fake I believe it is fake but trying to get a professional opinion. PLEASE HELP!!

Attachments

• 20190209_035517_HDR.jpg
    20190209_035517_HDR.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 75
  • 20190209_035527_HDR.jpg
    20190209_035527_HDR.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 77
  • 20190209_035558_HDR.jpg
    20190209_035558_HDR.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 74
  • 20190209_035618_HDR.jpg
    20190209_035618_HDR.jpg